• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Liquid or Paste Wax?

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
    paste for hand application.... liquid for w/ PC

Comment

I'm the new guy here,but not new ro waxing.I use both but like the paste better.If I'm in a hurry after a wash I use the liquid but if the afternoon is mine I use the paste,and I too find the paste lasts longer.

Comment

• I think polishes, compounds and cleaner waxes are better in liquid form. Maintenance, boutique waxes in paste form.
        Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

liquid nxt 2 for ease of use i've used thepaste before and the paste isn't as effortless as a synthetic product should be

Comment

I find paste easier to spread than liquid and the paste tends to last longer. If i'm in a hurry i go for the liquid though.

Comment

I prefer liquid; dirt or any other contaminate wont easily get into your wax.

Comment

I think the liquid is a little bit easier to work with -- awfully easy to dispense onto the dual action polisher. I like paste for several reasons though :

1) I seem to be able to get more cars out of a tin of paste vs. a bottle of liquid
                2) Pastes seem to spread out thinner than liquids for me (I know this is counterintuitive), so I usually can get thinner coats on with paste vs. liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by ethereal45 View Post
                  I think the liquid is a little bit easier to work with -- awfully easy to dispense onto the dual action polisher. I like paste for several reasons though :

1) I seem to be able to get more cars out of a tin of paste vs. a bottle of liquid
                  2) Pastes seem to spread out thinner than liquids for me (I know this is counterintuitive), so I usually can get thinner coats on with paste vs. liquid.
                  I agree, with paste it seems to be easier to control. Liquids can be too easy to over apply, resulting in the dreaded streaking and smearing. With paste, one tends to be forced to apply waxes more methodically thus minimizing any unevenness. But regarding meguiar's waxes, i prefer the liquids to their pastes. Example, I find the paste NXT2.0 harder to apply/remove than the liquid version. Shine and durability, the same. In paste waxes, I'm more inclined to the old style (ex. Collinite). Again not the easiest to remove or apply, but it does have this satisfying feel when being worked into the paint.

But its hard to argue with the fact that you can get more applications with pastes than liquids.

Comment

Paste always seems to last longer, and it's easier to get on the pad than the liquid when you're applying it by hand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');