• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess you can say i prefer both now . i was just in k-mart and since they are remodeling (in conjunction to have sears products as well) they had the nxt tech wax in liquid form for $7.49, and gold class for $4.99! they wanted to sell off as much product in the auto dept so there's less to move around. for $7.49 i couldn't pass it up....

Comment

You are very luckey to get those prices. They probably bought it for more than that!

Geeze!

I was in Walmart today and saw that they sell Nxt Tech Liquid or Paste for abotu $13.50 either a little less or more. At any rate, it is under $14.

Zymol Cleaner Wax was in the same range.

Then they had Gold Class for about $8 or $8

Then They had their other bargan waxes such as the stuff RainX makes, your usual Turtle Wax, and such.

They had one produt that intrigued me, but I didn't buy it. There was Prestone High Protection Wax. It is a syntetic wax and was $3.88. It came in a nice bottle and offered many promises on back, but I did not buy it because the price scares me. It is too cheap.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this stuff.

I bought Meguiar's Tire Shine at Walmart because it was about 50 cents cheaper than Nxt Insane Shine and I already have about 3/4 a can of Nxt Insane Shine.

I went into Dairy Queen for an ArticRush Slushie thing and walked past AutoZone. I walked past the Window and saw an Aisle that had Endurance Gel, so I bought that too.

Guess I am going to have to try all three now.

Comment

I used to be all liquid but since i got my #16 ive been leaning towards paste.

For application by hands - paste hands down. I don't have to fumble with the liquid and one swipe of the can seems to last longer - so i spend lest time refilling the applicator and more time waxing. The wax also seems to apply smoother making the process quicker.

By PC it's liquid hands down. Make an 'X' and let'er rip!

Comment

I like liquid better. I have only used liquid products (have tried paste before) and for me it's much easier to get a thin coat of wax on the surface.

Comment

Paste

Wax on
            Wax off
            wax on
            wax off
            http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

I can't really say if I have a preference or not...both have their advantages and disadvantages. I suppose that it all depends on which wax is my favorite at the moment. Pehaps there should be a third choice.
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

how much easier is it really to apply a liquid vs paste? You still have to even it out either way
                http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

i chose liquid because its less effort to apply and wipe off. Its more likely that i can spend a short amount of time once a week applying a liquid rather than a slightly greater amount of time with a paste wax.
                  All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Liquid for me, simply because I have never tried paste.

Comment

Liquid. Easier to use.

Comment

i like the feel and control of paste liquids okay but i'd have to say paste is better ive tryed NXT and GC in both forms and #26 in liquid only and it feels like it needs to be applied by machine
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Paste, liquid seems to take longer to dry. Also paste seems to last longer, and as many have said, it is a lot easier to apply by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
                            paste for hand application.... liquid for w/ PC

Comment

I like both. But I use the liquid more.

Comment

Did anyone compare Cleaner Wax paste and Cleaner Wax liquid?

According to CR review in 2000, Cleaner Wax liquid offered "very good" cleaning, but Cleaner Wax Paste offered "poor" cleaning.

I have Cleaner Wax liquid that came with Smooth Surface kit, but I do not have the Cleaner Wax paste.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');