• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the paste, but I am always nervous about contaminating the can with dirt. Liquid is sweet, It is faster but can be sloppy. Either way both look great in the end. Anyways can you really wait three months to wax your ride again?. Man, I just love wax, nothing makes a car look better!
    Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

There should be an option for "both"! Sometimes I like using paste, and sometimes liquid -- the latter especially when I'm doing things by machine.

Comment

Paste
        2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

I am back to paste after being a liquid guy for years. I just recently did an NXT paste application using gb387's method(via polisher), and it blew me away! Gave me the pros of both a liquid and a paste (liquid's ease of use, paste's ease of removal for me).

Ryan

Comment

^^ I recall seeing him right up a little tid bit on that method with the paste and I myself just might have to try it as well. I currently have both the paste and the liquid waxes but as I stated in the beginning of this thread i prefer the liquid as of right now but maybe this method might change that.

Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
            2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

I like liquid, especially Gold Class, better. It seems easier to remove IMO. I get a more even application to. When I use paste I seem to try and spread it a little thin.
              2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

Meguiars #16, it can be found...

Comment

liquid

I used to use paste waxes exclusivly but the last few years have brought liquids to the forefront of the automotive wax world. 8 to 10 years ago liquids were not nearly as good as a good grade of paste wax. Now liquids are as good or even better than their paste counterparts. I now almost always use liquid wax.
                  I've always been crazy...
                  It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

I have always used liquid Meguiar's wax/polish/cleaners because that's what I started with. I've used Classic paste before, apparently paste has a higher concentration of carnuba in it. Perhaps because it foregoes the silicons and such that the liquid uses to spread the product.
                    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                    2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Re: Liquid or Paste Wax?

I prefer paste over liquid IMO it lasts longer than liquid.
                      SYDSTER

Comment

I agree with Sydster. Despite what they say, paste seems to deposit a thicker layer on the surface.

Comment

The difference between paste and liquid wax is really one of convenience and personal preference. Meguiar's liquid formulas provide the same protection as paste, and are easier and faster to apply...
                          Rick McDonough
                          Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
                          Meguiar's Inc.
                          1.800.854.8073 * 3853
                          rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

I prefer Liquid for the ease of applying.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have a G100 and just recently bought some NXT Paste. I have to say it's just as easy to apply and IMHO, it looks better than the liquid NXT I was using before. I know it's supposed to be the same thing but even my 81 year old mother-in-law said it looked better.

With a small plastic putty knife I can apply the paste to the pad just a quick as the liquid and it seems to me the paste goes further. Got to say I love the way my Dark Red F-150 looks now with the NXT paste.

to Meguiars!!!!

Comment

After using #16 with a fresh high-tech applicator, I really don't have a preference. It's the skill of the user mixed with the passion of the user that would yield better or worse results. Like I said, Pursuit G5, I refilled the pad three times, that is a HUGE difference! Heck, the pad doesn't even look used...at all!

I'm guessing that I can do the Quest with maybe five refills or so.
                                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                                2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');