• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Liquid or Paste Wax?

I voted liquid, I've used it my whole life, I just started a detailing business and will definitely be using liquid only, and to be honest I've never even tried paste (like others thought it felt like I was back in the 80's)....That being said, after joing MOL and reading a ton of amazing feedback on #16, I had to buy a couple cans of it.(e-shine) is it possible I could be converted? is #16 that good?
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Yes, yes it is!
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
      2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

I have a PC waiting in the wings for this spring. I have so much to try, NXT on my wife's Pilot, 4star UPP and Souveran's liquid carnouba (oxymoron I know) simplly because I wanted to try pates first with a Rotary.

Commercial Link Removed - Please READ the forum Rules. - Thank you.

Shows how to use both liquid and paste with a PC. We're all wiser if we learn to use both!

Cliff
        03 Mustang GT Ragtop, Redfire Metallic
        Hurst equipped, Don't forget the chrome tipped dual exhaust!

Comment

to me it doesnt matter i think both last and r just as good as each other. specailly if u put the 5 step proccess on ur car
          - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

i think both r just as good as each other. specially if u put the 5 step process on.
            - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

What is #16? I can't seem to find it in a product search.

(I sure wish you could search for the product's number.)

Comment

I use liquid nxt right now, I would love to try paste. The only reason i would think paste is better is because It might be more consentrated, there might be less chemicals needed to liquify the wax. I have been told by meguiars that they offer the same protection and shine, but i'm not sure. The nxt paste wax looks like its older than the nxt liquid, im not sure. I belive it is a valid to worry about contaiminate the paste. I used paste very breifly, and i loved it. I personaly wax by hand. I love waxing, I do it every week, I dont mind how long it lasts. I am interested in shine and protection.

Comment

I only work on my car, so being effecient in time is never an issue with waxing. I just love using a tin of wax as they are just so cool to stack up and look at, and much more fun to use, though a little bit more worrysome as you gotta make SURE the surface is really clean so you don't get dirt in the paste! I guess it is more of just a collectors/ethusiast thing

Comment

I really don't have a preference. I have 3 cans of NXT paste and 2 (Collinite 845 & Pinnacle) liquid waxes. Only difference is how I use them. I'll do Collinite 845 & NXT paste in the winter and NXT paste & Pinnacle the rest of the year.
                    K3AKE 147.555

Comment

It's a toss-up. Liquid is unbeatable when working with the PC because it allows you to achieve an even, thin coat of wax in a short amount of time and can produce eye-dazzling results. When waxing by hand, paste wins hands down. It may not be as quick as a liquid, but it's more controllable and your product lasts longer. Personally, I just love the feeling of applying a paste wax; it feels like you're actually working the product into the finish rather than simply spreading it across the surface. Also, from my experience, I seem to get better results and deeper gloss with a paste wax (just my opinion). With that said, I still use liquid 80% of the time simply because using liquids with the PC makes life so much easier.

Comment

I use liquid i think it (feeds) better

Comment

i love pastes- I feel it is more oily and concentrated.
                          Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Liquid doesnt freeze, have had pastes get hard as a rock
                            WrightDetail
                            The Wright Way
                            2007 Chevy HHR
                            2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Originally posted by WrightDetail View Post
                              Liquid doesnt freeze, have had pastes get hard as a rock
                              I am afraid, that is incorrect, liquid waxes can freeze. All detailing supplies need to be stored in temperatures above freezing. If a liquid freezes, such as a wax, it will separate and the product must be discarded.

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I started with liquid but I think I like paste better.
                                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');