• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Liquid or Paste Wax?

someone mentioned cheap wax-
    I bought a bottle of turtle wax for 50c, I'll use it on the wash machine or mower or shovel or bicycle etc....

-nick
    Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

I voted for liquid, since Meg's #21 Synthetic sealant is my go to lsp.
      Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
      Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
        I am afraid, that is incorrect, liquid waxes can freeze. All detailing supplies need to be stored in temperatures above freezing. If a liquid freezes, such as a wax, it will separate and the product must be discarded.

Tim
        I stand corrected...

In my experience though, left a bottle of NXT outside when it got below freezing, although was next to house under overhang and next day was still below 32 yet the liquid was still "together" and not seperated and appeared to be same as I applied and removed.

Didnt ever claim to know it all....next time will say " in my experience "
        WrightDetail
        The Wright Way
        2007 Chevy HHR
        2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Originally posted by WrightDetail View Post
          I stand corrected...

In my experience though, left a bottle of NXT outside when it got below freezing, although was next to house under overhang and next day was still below 32 yet the liquid was still "together" and not seperated and appeared to be same as I applied and removed.

Didnt ever claim to know it all....next time will say " in my experience "
          No problem. Part of our job on MOL is to make sure that correct information is posted and sometimes Mike or myself have to do a slight adjustment to a post to make it either correct or more accurate.

I have, unfortunately, frozen even 64oz bottles of #20 and it is usually one of the products that handles the cold OK, far better the NXT etc...Believe me, it hurt getting 3 new 64oz bottles, all separated from being exposed to cold tempertures...

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
            No problem. Part of our job on MOL is to make sure that correct information is posted and sometimes Mike or myself have to do a slight adjustment to a post to make it either correct or more accurate.

I have, unfortunately, frozen even 64oz bottles of #20 and it is usually one of the products that handles the cold OK, far better the NXT etc...Believe me, it hurt getting 3 new 64oz bottles, all separated from being exposed to cold tempertures...

Tim
            OUCH in the $ dept, possibly just in the waste arena as well....understand MOL position too. thanks again....reason love coming in here and having a great site to share info.
            WrightDetail
            The Wright Way
            2007 Chevy HHR
            2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
              paste for hand application.... liquid for w/ PC
              Same here I like to use paste by hand and liquid with my DA.

Comment

I like liquid the most as it's easier to apply on the MF towel or foam applicator.

Comment

Paste wax in my opinion is a little harder to work with, but I love the outcome of a good paste wax.

Comment

I've been a die hard paste fan for sometime however I just bought the NXT 2.0 liquid to give it a shot on my new DA. I'm looking forward to the results.

To be honest though I'll most likely go back to the paste because I feel more "in touch" or control with my car by applying wax by hand. Just my 2 cents.
                    Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

paste seams to be the old timer way of applying. i am sure meguiars makes thier liquid waxes as effective as the paste.

Comment

I'll abstain. As I like both of them 51/49. liquid/paste that is.
                        But that's just me. Hope that helped though...

Comment

I have both the paste and liquid of Tech Wax. I find it much easier to work with the liquid.

Comment

I voted for liquid although, theoretically, paste wax should have better durability because it would have less solvents in it, my old arms and back appreciate the ease of liquid usage.
                            Before I get flamed re: the durability comment above.......i said THEORETICALLY!
                            Heatgain (Gary)
                            The Irate Magistrate
                            Neutral & Detached

Comment

Originally posted by Heatgain View Post
                              theoretically, paste wax should have better durability because it would have less solvents in it,
                              That assumes a liquid has more solvents in it?

I've learned this isn't always true. Also, water can be a solvent, it dissolves dirt doesn't it?

Water can also be an abrasive, it carved out the Grand Canyon.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Liquid most of the time. I go with the paste when I feel like bonding with my car.
                                Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');