• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax and Deep Crystal System 3 Carnauba Wax....together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax and Deep Crystal System 3 Carnauba Wax....together?

I have 2 questions:

1. If you put down a layer, or two, of NXT Tech wax, and then put down a layer of the Deep Crystal System 3 (Pure) Carnauba Wax, on top of the NXT, how well will the Carnauba stick to the NXT beneath it?

2. Also, I read somewhere that Carnauba wax, in general, doesn't bond to paint, but just lays on top of it. This is why it sometimes doesn't last very long. Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance!

There are some threads about this in the Hot Topics I forum...

For the most part, people make a bigger deal about these topics than it's worth the time to discuss or argue over...

If you always want your car to look like it was just waxed, then do something to it, wax it, use a quick detailer, apply a spray wax, apply a pure polish etc.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

FWIW,

Wax sticks to the paint just fine. Think about it; you don't go out to your car in the morning and see big sheets of wax from where it slid off, do you? You can't peel it off with a spatula, can you?

Technology advances every day, but wax technology is at about its limit while polymer and synthetic technology has a vast future. It isn't that wax doesn't last, it's that synthetics are starting to last longer and longer.

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I'm not sure about the Carnauba's stickyness, but I have been putting DC 3 on top of 2x NXT and I LOVE the way it looks on a black car.

However, if you have a paint color that has metal flakes in it, I would recommend just the NXT because the DC 3 will tend to Kill the "pop" efect of the metal flakes.

P.S. I have never had any problems with the NXT Carnauba combination on any of the vehicles that I apply it to.
        WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

Comment

DC 3 may work with NXT.

Some Meguiars waxes may be compatible with each other, but my guess is that waxes are designed to adhere to paint, not to other brand wax. (Spray waxes may be designed to adhere well to any brand wax.)

I also confirmed this in my toy test on stainless steel pot.
          Three prepped sections on a stainless pot:
          1. NXT liquid wax alone
          2. NXT liquid wax on top of TurtleWax ICE Liquid Polish (2 hours in between)
          3. TurtleWax ICE Liquid Polish on top of NXT liquid wax (2 hours in between)

I wiped with napkin and dish wash detergent, and then rinsed. I repeated this many times.
          Section 1, NXT alone, kept water sheeting ability better than other sections.

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax and Deep Crystal System 3 Carnauba Wax....together?

Originally posted by ktlimq View Post
            DC 3 may work with NXT.

Some Meguiars waxes may be compatible with each other, but my guess is that waxes are designed to adhere to paint, not to other brand wax. (Spray waxes may be designed to adhere well to any brand wax.)

I also confirmed this in my toy test on stainless steel pot.
            Three prepped sections on a stainless pot:
            1. NXT liquid wax alone
            2. NXT liquid wax on top of TurtleWax ICE Liquid Polish (2 hours in between)
            3. TurtleWax ICE Liquid Polish on top of NXT liquid wax (2 hours in between)

I wiped with napkin and dish wash detergent, and then rinsed. I repeated this many times.
            Section 1, NXT alone, kept water sheeting ability better than other sections.
            Thanks for this. It confirms my experience with ICE. It doesn't last as far as sheeting or beading is concerned. The ICE spray detailer, which contains carnuba wax, works synergistically with the ICE polish and provides a bit more protection and a heck of look if your paint is ready. ICE produces great results with very little effort but is not as durable in my opinion. It is fun stuff for its ease of use. Makes one want to rub the car done with it - kinda like rubbing a baby with baby oil - easy on/easy off.

NXT paste beads like crazy, lasts longer and is a great product.
            2007 Toyota Yaris
            2001 Volvo S60 T5
            1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');