• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's at the 2005 Goodguys West Coast Nats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's at the 2005 Goodguys West Coast Nats!

For the ninth year in a row, my crew and I manned the gigantic Meguiar's booth at the Goodguy's West Coast Nationals. This event ranks among the finest of car shows in the country, and focuses on hot rods 1954 and older.

Once again, I was fortunate to have a great crew... My friends! If you knew how hard they worked this event, you'd probably slap me for, "Treating humans in such a manner!". It's tough work!

We couldn't do this gig every year without a mass of help from Meguiar's, as this booth encompasses over 1400 square feet! A special thanks to Jason Rose, Jeff Brown, Duffy Cink, and Tim Tyrell-Smith, all power players from Meguiar's. These guys are inspiring, as they all worked their normal days off to help us create one of the finest booths in the country.

Once again, Steve Brown, of Alpine Electronics of America brought his newest creation. This year, it was the award winning BMW X5, dubbed 'The Ultimate Listening Machine'. He also brought along Rachel, and she was a huge help, too!

Here's some pics of the event. Thanks to all our customers for dropping your cash with us, and the kind words... We appreciate it!
    Last edited by Kevin Brown; Sep 24, 2005, 12:44 PM.
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Last edited by Kevin Brown; Sep 24, 2005, 10:11 PM.
    Kevin Brown

Comment

Looks like everyone had a great time Kevin, thanks for sharing this with us!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Did you see the cars at the show or was it all work?

Eric
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Wow, what a tent!

Nice writeup waxman.
          r. b.

Comment

Hey Kevin,

Looks like another great event. And just think.....you even get paid to have all that fun!
            -Bob
            NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Beautiful job Kevin! WOW- three NXT class instructors, plus!!

What software did you use to tell the story? Looks comic book like.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Mike, Re: "Looks like everyone had a great time Kevin, thanks for sharing this with us!"
                We always have a good time, but sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to realize it. As you know, when you're super busy and hot and tired, you don't think, "Wow! This is a kick!". Most of the crew tries to make it back the following year, but scheduling and life circumstances play a big part of their return.
                I'm happy to share the pics with MOL Members, too.

Teak, Re: "Did you see the cars at the show or was it all work?"
                We see quite a few cars through set-up, etc., but none of the crew gets the chance to check out the show as a spectator would. We're just too busy, and can't risk poor customer service by letting crew leave the booth. The crew is welcome to take an hour lunch, but this year I don't think anyone did! We bring a grip of food and drinks, so it's convenient to eat in the warehouse area.

Bumper, Re: "Wow, what a tent! Nice writeup, Waxman."
                Thanks. FYI, the booth took approximately 133 man-hours to set up, and around 41 hours to tear down. The write-up felt like it took about the same!

RDVT4ME, Re: "Hey Kevin, looks like another great event. And just think.....You even get paid to have all that fun."
                It was a lot of fun... But the money, well... You never know what you'll make. Take it from me- A booth this size requires a substantial investment. I have to treat special events as I would a hobby. If I make money, great. If I don't, I just look forward to the next year! I always have an exhilarating time. Honestly, where else could I work so hard with such great people, and be greeted with enthusiasm by fantastic customers? Sounds corny, but it's true.

Superior Shine, Re: "Beautiful job Kevin! WOW- three NXT class instructors, plus!! What software did you use to tell the story? Looks comic book like.
                Thanks for the compliments... I used a program called Freehand. It was my first time integrating graphics with pics. I still am trying to figure out how to make them look as good as Mike Phillips' graphics. Mine look a little blurry.
                Kevin Brown

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');