• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How thin is too thin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How thin is too thin??

Is there any threads showing pics of the proper thickness of wax?
    I always wondered how thin is thin.

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

No pic, but IMO most people can't imagine how thin an application will still provide complete coverage. Somebody once explained it to me as "bonding at the molecular level".

FWIW, while I'm a bit of a fanatic about thin applications, I also seem to get pretty incredible durability out of my LSPs. I didn't get *better* durability when I applied them thicker and IMO I was just buffing off the extra LSP anyhow.

Note that to get complete coverage with thin applications, it pays to "work" the LSP a little so it gets into the microscopic (hope they're that small!) fissures/pits/etc. in the top layer of paint.
    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

If you can't determine how 'thin' is thin, then just use a DA with W-9006 to apply the LSP. It's always thin enough to make buffing easy and avoiding patchy problem.
      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

I like to apply my waxes just thick enough so that you can see what to wipe off after it dries.

This is easier done with a PC than by hand.
        r. b.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');