• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time using NXT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time using NXT!

This is the first time I've used the NXT. The vehicle is a 2004 Chevy Colorado ZQ8 (Sport). I made up my own little prep method, and I am open to suggestions on ways to better it. I've only done the hood so far (took me ~ 4 hours including wait time).

Here was my process:

Wash (I use Zaino car wash, but may switch to the NXT wash)

Claybar (Zaino clay bar, the Meguiars Quick Detail system is next on my list though)

Rinsed / Dried

3M Scratch & Swirl Remover for Dark Colors

3M Imperial Hand Glaze

NXT Coat 1 (30 min cure)

NXT Coat 2 (30 min cure)

Right now I am using 100% cotton cloths to remove products from the surface, and I've read all these good things about terry cloth and microfiber. Any advantage to using them instead? Thanks!

Hi Iano,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Your results look impressive! I think you'll like the NXT Car Wash, it contains an agent that sequesters and encapsulates minerals in you wash water forcing them to sink the bottom of your wash pail and preventing them from depositing on your truck's finish.

Also, you don'thave to let the NXT Tech Wax dry that long. 10-15 minutes should be plenty of time.

I'm not a big fan of 3M products, (If I were, I would have tried to work for them years and years ago), but if they work for you, that's what's it's all about...

"Find something you like and use it often"

Down the road, when you run out of the 3M products, I can't recommend these two products enough,

Meguiar's #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish

and

Meguiar's #81 Hand Polish

Again... welcome

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Looks great. Your list is very thorough and the hard work shows!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');