• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

corvette fiberglass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corvette fiberglass...

I am looking at getting a 2002 Vette, and I am wondering if I can use my G-100. Is the fiberglass a problem or is it safe to do so? I tried a search, and did come across Mike using the buffer, etc. on the Vette he had fixed, but not sure if it is ok to use Nxt application and removal as well as a swirl remover on the fiberglass. Any help is appreciated!

It is perfectly safe to use the G-100 on a Corvette, there are a lot of them in use on Vets on this board, including on mine. We have a 62 Fuellie and an 02 Z06, and are awaiting the 2006 ZO6.
    The paint is what matters, not so much what the paint is on, the fiberglass really doesnt come into play. I think you will find the paint on the 02 to be quite hard.

Comment

I use it on my 2002 vette all the time. No problems. I also use my rotary buffer on it. Basically, you are just touching the paint, not the fiberglass underneath.

I use the G100 for buffing and also applying and removing NXT and M21. It works quite well.

BTW, you will love the vette. I've had mine for 4 years and love it. Mine is a daily driver too.
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I would also agree on the hardness of the paint. Since I got my DA I have continually been working my paint with the DA, #80 and NXT, and it seems, the longer I work the product the better results I get. And believe me, a black C5 shows everything so I want it to look good.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');