• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Detailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Detailers

i'm thinking of doing some detailing on my days off( i work shifts and one week i'll work 3 days and others i work 6)
    as i could get similair money to a nights overtime.

but alot of people dont want the hassle of bringing their cars to me where i have access to water and power, so most of the time i'd have to go to there work or house( dont think they'ed want some strange bloke walking through the house to get water and use their electric or its a work place parking lot that doesnt have access to either)

what do you guys use for power and water when you cant get to it?

Just let them know upfront what your needs are since you're coming to them. I've personally never had a problem getting power or water. Once you explain what you need and why, people will understand and accommodate you.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

i figure the majority of people wont have a problem with this, the only problem i have myself is the way my house was designed in the 80's there is no access to water from the front of the house.

so i have to run a 30m hose from my kitchen at the rear through the house and leave the front door open, which is fine if its a nice day but if its windy my poor girlfriend suffers.

and i should imagine there'll be some people put off by this.

and i dont want to keep walking through with buckets of water as thats even more of a pain

Comment

My house is like that, with just a water spicket (sp) in the backyard. (have to have a plumber comes and fix it! lol)
        Well, I just have two 100 foot house connected together and run the house to the front. If thats not long enough to reach where I am, I add another 50'.
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

As Mike says I simply tell clients up front that I need a power and water source from them. I carry a 50m extenstion lead with me in case the power source is a fair distance away, and also one of these hose reels...

...and a selection of fittings in case the client simply has a tap and no hose.

My van is delivered next week and that'll be getting fitted out with water and power, but I'll still ask clients for power as it will mean I don't have to fire up the generator which will cut down on the noise they have to endure.

Ben

Comment

water tank

put a marine power inlet through the side for battery charger

marine batteries

power convertor

romex

3 outlets in the cargo area

completely self contained

Comment

The downside of mobile detaiing is the availability or convience on the detailer.Ive been to houses where the owner says they have outlets available in the garage.And a 200lb.cabinet in front of it.Ive actually brought some cars back to my garage because I couldnt open the car doors in their garage.On the plus side my overhead is LOW.
              2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
              Show Car Detail

Comment

I use QEW to wash cars so no water is needed. I do need a plug though and it isn't an issue. Most people actually prefer you use their plugs instead of running a generator for a few hours. As long as people know up front what you need (and new customers normally ask, referrals already know) then it isn't a problem.
                Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');