• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Carpet & Inerior Cleaner ("causing" stains?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Carpet & Inerior Cleaner ("causing" stains?)

my brother had a stain on his seat he thinks was caused from a protein drink. like every other age old stain on fabric and carpet, the heavy duty carpet and interior cleaner got rid of it. however...

how do i get rid of teh stains now caused by this meguiars product? it seemed to leave the entire area dark, and there are dark spots around the outside from peripheral spray. (it is a dark and light gray fabric interior).

perhaps it is not a stain. if anyone has had similar experiences please help me find out how to get rid of it. and if there's a better meguiars (or any) product for the job do tell.

thanks in advance

-mondego

I have used it on my Lightning... the interior is a light gray and I have not had the same problem. I have used it both on the seats (pop splatter) and floor.

Interior Color:

Do you have a carpet cleaner, even a home one to try and extract the cleaner and protein drink?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

i actually have no other carpet cleaner. i'm afraid to try it out on my other car that has the same color interior.

could it be that the seat is just ambiently dirty, and if i just keep spraying, that the darker color is actually the normal hue? i tend to think not but i thought i'd ask.

Comment

Well, just offhand....

It is possible, if it is an older interior, to be bringing out the true color. Dirt is often tan, not black, so it may not darken the interior as expected.

Also, how long ago did you apply the product? I used some on my headliner.. looked like grease from a mechanic... and it took about a day to dry, if not a little longer. I certainly had a dark/damp spot for a day or so.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I tried t his stuff a while back adn noticed similar darkening on my tweed factory seats. It while lighten over time to the point of not being there. If it bothers you right now, just take some APC and clean the entire seat. (wipe very well with a terry to transer all staining.
          Rangerpowersports.com
          Ranger72

Comment

thanks for the replies.

i'll check the seat again on saturday. (yea i'm "that" busy )

if i still see dark spots, i'll use some APC. which, btw, what is APC?

Comment

I would first call Meguiars hotline/Rx...see what they say ....before go to the next step and further damaging your seat...thats weird that it made it darker...it is biodegradable and leaves no residue plus it will enhance the look if im not

mistaken...Remember Next time always test spot any products you use...by the way if you can post pics it might helps us all....did you agitate it with a brush(apply enough pressure)and then clean it with a terry....call Meguiars and they will tell you if you will need APC....APC is Meguiars Detailer Line Apc stands for

All Purpose Cleaner...by the way did you let the product dry properly..just a thought...also next time apply the product on a towel or something then directly unless noted....hope you find the answer...
              Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
                I would first call Meguiars hotline/Rx...see what they say ....before go to the next step and further damaging your seat...thats weird that it made it darker...it is biodegradable and leaves no residue plus it will enhance the look if im not

mistaken...Remember Next time always test spot any products you use...by the way if you can post pics it might helps us all....did you agitate it with a brush(apply enough pressure)and then clean it with a terry....call Meguiars and they will tell you if you will need APC....APC is Meguiars Detailer Line Apc stands for

All Purpose Cleaner...by the way did you let the product dry properly..just a thought...also next time apply the product on a towel or something then directly unless noted....hope you find the answer...
                that might be what i did wrong. i sprayed it directly onto the seat. i was under the impression you would have to let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off (and the stain with it).

i've used terry cloths and paper towels to the same effect. i let it dry for awhile with the windows down.

i'll try to get pics soon, but i won't have time until saturday.

it also gave the interior cabin a rather dank odor. i had to leave the windows open for awhile, but the odor is still there.

yea looks like i may just call Meguiars hotline saturday if nothing works. thank God they're open on the weekends

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');