• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail Spray Preferences???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail Spray Preferences???

What detailing spray to people like the best?

Last touch?
    Final Inspection?
    Quik Detail?
    Speed Detail?

I think I like the Final Inspection best, but I think they all work so well, I can't explain why I like one over the other, I just do.

What do you like?

Funny thing... I was going to post a survey on this yesterday but ran out of time.

Well I like the look of Last Touch the best... I find it a little hard to get use to (application).

I think I will give Final Inspection a try next... I have used it but never on a vehicle, just on gelcoat.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I am actually glad this is being asked. What is the differences? I use QD and I like it very much. Leaves no smudge behind when wiping it up with a MF towel. But, won't these all work the same? I mean, if you used one that made your finish glossier, and you used it on one spot (like getting bug gutts off), wouldn't you hate the fact you now have a glossier spot on your car compared to the rest of the car?
      Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

For me, the car is already pretty glossy when I use it, so using the Final Inspection on the dirtied area brings that area back to match the rest. If the rest of the car is not already glossy, it needs a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by BJClarke001
          I am actually glad this is being asked. What is the differences? I use QD and I like it very much. Leaves no smudge behind when wiping it up with a MF towel. But, won't these all work the same? I mean, if you used one that made your finish glossier, and you used it on one spot (like getting bug gutts off), wouldn't you hate the fact you now have a glossier spot on your car compared to the rest of the car?
          Sorry, I meant to a car that is already clean, waxed and so on. If you wipe a smudge mark with QD, the whole car is clean again. My point is, how do others compare being that your not really seeing anything different after it dries on your paint after wiping.

I am not sure if I am coming across correctly. LOL
          Brad

Comment

^^ I follow you. I believe you are saying why are there so many of them if they basically give equal results without any of them being a better product or giving more of a gloss to the finish. Is that what you are trying to say?? I agree if so and also the fact that as you noted if one of the products give more of a glossier effect, then you would of course want to steer away from it because then you would have this little area that stands out more so than the rest of the vehicle being that the remainder of the vehicle wasn't treated with the spray. Am I following you here?..LOL I myself also prefere the QD for a quick clean or an area and also for my claying purposes.
            Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
            2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman
              ^^ I follow you. I believe you are saying why are there so many of them if they basically give equal results without any of them being a better product or giving more of a gloss to the finish. Is that what you are trying to say?? I agree if so and also the fact that as you noted if one of the products give more of a glossier effect, then you would of course want to steer away from it because then you would have this little area that stands out more so than the rest of the vehicle being that the remainder of the vehicle wasn't treated with the spray. Am I following you here?..LOL I myself also prefere the QD for a quick clean or an area and also for my claying purposes.
              You got it ! ! Thanks for making me understand what I meant. LOL
              Brad

Comment

So with that; how can the performance of Last touch, Final Inspection, Quik Detail and Speed Detail be compared?
                Brad

Comment

I used Quik Detailer first, then moved to Speed Detail. I think I have an easier time wiping off Speed Detail.
                  Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                  Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I thought that this thread would get more traffic then it is. Maybe it is getting lost in the shuffle (seems busy on here the last few days). Or perhaps, no one knows the answer and it does all comes down to preference. I love my QD and have no reason to switch. Unless of course someone on here tells me why I should switch. LOL.
                    Brad

Comment

I was hoping to get more feedback too, maybe I should have made this a poll??? I haven't posted one of those before.

Has anybody ever tried masking off 4 sections and doing a side by side comparison? Maybe I should try... except I only have FI, QD and SD, am missing the last touch.

Well, still curious to see what people like and why... anybody else want to chime in, it would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB
                        I
                        Has anybody ever tried masking off 4 sections and doing a side by side comparison? Maybe I should try... except I only have FI, QD and SD, am missing the last touch.
                        Perhaps you should try it since you have 3 out of the four. The only thing I think you will see is how it wipes off and the scent it gives. I can't imagine when it dries your going to see anything different. But I have been wrong before, I think OK, more then a few times.
                        Brad

Comment

I use a QD for claying and detailing the entire vehicle, I don't like to use it here and there. I would rather wash, just my preference. I also like the the Last Touch comes in a gallon jug. I use plenty of it and its cheaper in the end. Nice to dilute it down when claying.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');