• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training

Not having any detailers in the area, (not even sure of any in the state!) and not being able to work at a dealership, where could one find training? Just doing your own cars over and over? Friends, etc? Being a full time aircraft mechanic, I would be unable to work somewhere else for awhile. I don't know if it would be worth it to put down the large bills for some of those detailing videos. Where was most of your training done?

Wayne
    Wayne

Still a Junior...

Wayne,
    As far as videos, Meguair's has a Professional Education Series that covers the following:

How to Remove Paint Defects
    Easy to follow instructional video
    Step by step techniques to remove swirls/holograms, orange peel, oxidation and many other defects
    Professional secrets to produce a Show Car Shine!
    (50 minutes)

The part number is PES101V and it sells for $9.99 on the Meguiar's Web Site.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews

Comment

The video is a great idea. I also have it and it is put together well.

You may want to volunteer at a detail shop a few hours on the weekend, or join a car club and rub elbows with other enthusiast.

Also there are books and manuals on detailing that you can buy.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Do a search on your web browser for "auto detailing" and i bet you get more info you can read. Also practice with different waxes, polishes etc. on your car. You can learn alot by trial and error.

Comment

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I am ordering Meguiar's video, and I have a lot of bookmarks!
          Wayne

Still a Junior...

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');