• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started on my Alpina B8, great results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started on my Alpina B8, great results!

Hi there!

I just thought that I would share my experience and since I actually took a picture of the result I thought I'd make a post...

Anyway, I just put my Alpina B8 in the garage for the winter and started working on the trunk...
    I made a thourough detailing around midsommer this year, spent 3 days all in all with the paintjob on the car so I really thought that I wouldn't need to do that much of a job really...

Well. Shouldn't have thought that. As soon as I got the car inside I saw all the swirls! And there were millions of them!

So, I started out with my rotary and the M83 thinking that this will take quite a bit of work to get good results... especially since the last pro-detailer who handled the car said that the paint was a very hard paint...

Boy, was I surprised?!
    After just the first pass with the rotary and M83 I got brilliant results! That wasn't expected at all, I would have thought that I would have to keep going at least for 3-4 passes before I would reach an acceptable level... Well, made another pass with the #83 and then topped the surface with the 2xM20..

Anways, here's the picture, i masked half of the panel to see the differences... and let me tell you: Those swirls on the right side? I wouldn't have been able to find them even if my life depended on it! However the camera gladly shows them, I better start using the camera with the flash set to highest when I detail the car (I really examined the surface thouroughly with lots of strong light)

The picture:

So, what does the experts say?
    Should I start all over again on the right side to get those pesky little swirls that the camera shows or should I just be satisfied with the results? (No, I cannot take the car outside into the sun, the sun hardly shows anymore )

still a lot of work to do..... major improvement though but still not done....

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Try making a 3-5 passes with M84/W-7006 between 1200 to 1500 rpm and see if this removes more defects faster...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Thanks for sharing!

Try making a 3-5 passes with M84/W-7006 between 1200 to 1500 rpm and see if this removes more defects faster...
        Hi Mike!

I would really want to try, however I do not have the budget to go all Meguiar I'm looking into ordering from the US, there's a huge difference, almost 300% I think... Just the W-7006 and a 16oz M84 would be almost $100 for me here in Sweden

During this weekend I am going to take my Cyclo-copy (very popular over here... I noticed that people on MegsOnline tend to use the G-100 machine instead?) together with the M83 once again...
        The DA-machine usually removes buffer swirls and it´s worth a shot... The most annoying thing is that I have to keep taking photos to see if I reduced the swirls since I can't see the swirls even when using a 300W lamp....

I'll get back to you on the results

Comment

I thought I'd share another picture.. I need to figure out a better way to take these pictures, I think I got a too strong flash light on most of the pics I took yesterday..

/Marcus

Comment

Some new pictures taken... now I've been using the rotary for a couple of passes and then the DA for one pass.... The result is acceptable to me now, I should try to take it out into the sunshine this weekend before leaving it alone...

Before:

After:

/Marcus

Comment

now that looks really good!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

Comment

Marcus, I think what you've just achieved is acceptable for a daily driver. Great job and hope you keep up the good work!
                zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by zey
                  Marcus, I think what you've just achieved is acceptable for a daily driver. Great job and hope you keep up the good work!
                  Aaaah
                  Well, I'll have to go back and redo it then

This isn't the daily driver car... This is the car I'm driving on saturday evenings when it's sunny

Nah, I think the job is as good as it gets, I am just going to verify that by taking it outside into the sun....

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');