• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corvettes of Temecula Valley at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvettes of Temecula Valley at Meguiar's!

Corvettes of Temecula Valley at Meguiar's!

On October 1st, 2005 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of Corvettes of Temecula Valley here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

And they're starting to show up!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What can I say... another stellar club at Meguiar's!

Long day, just got home... I'll try to upload a few photos before calling it a night.

Check out this Wicked 1963 Split Window!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We would like to thank Frank, aka plasticcar for letting us use he black Z06 for our demonstration car!

Here's a couple of Avatar's for you if you like them...

Frank parks his car outside all of the time during work at the Los Angeles Airport! His Corvette's finish was a disaster!

This is going to hurt your eyes... it's a cropped out section of the above photo...

Ouch! that hurts!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here are few shots after the members of the Corvettes of Temecula Vally car club warmed it over with the skills and knowledge they learned at Meguair's today!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

That's it for the night... I was up at 4:00am for this class and it's time to knock off... More pictures on Monday for sure...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

hey mike, i had a blast at todays class! i think im in information overload thanks for doing such a great job, answering all of our questions and helping us with our cars

i encourage anyone to attend these classes, trust me it wont be a waste of time.

cant wait to see those vette pics, i was blinded by the shine

Comment

Many thanks to Mike Phillips of Meguiars for conducting this seminar. Mike Phillip's skillful and patient application of the correct Meguiar products along with hand-on demonstration of his expert techniques produced nothing less than spectacular results.

Prior to this, I was seriously thinking of re-painting my car as I had tried a cabinet full of different products to no avail. I'll admit, I was also intimidated by power buffing and polishing and thought I was going to burn through the paint.

This all has changed with the knowledge I have obtained from Mike at Detail Day. I really can't believe how beautiful my car is now. The Meguiars' products are easy to use, readily available and reasonably priced. What could be better than that? I feel confident that I can care for my car in a professional and competent manner.

Special thanks to the Corvette Club of Temecula Valley. This was your day and you graciously allowed me to participate in your event. I really felt genuinely a part of your group and want to thank you for your warm, friendly hospitality. Boy, are some of your members funny. You jumped in and enthusiastically worked on my car and helped produce the fantastic results caputred in the pictures. I couldn't believe it, even the lady with the hand brace was polishing my car! Talk about group effort, wow!

My only regret is that I don't live closer to both Mike at Meguiars and the Corvette Club of Temecula Valley.

If you see a black shiny Vette on the road with a guy with a big smile on his face waving at you, It'll be me.

Thanks again, for a great day!

Comment

I am eager to see and read about the process of restoring your daily-driven Z06! The life of a daily driver is hard, no doubt about it! Now it looks like a garage queen. Unfortunately, not all of us can keep our sports cars and muscle cars as garage queens.

Now that your Z06 has been transformed, how are you going to maintain it? Daily use of a body duster and NXT Speed Detailer (as long as you don't get rained on) will help a lot! Since I started using NXT Paste, the Spray Booster Wax, and Speed Detailer, I have had zero problems with tree sap and other bonded cotaminants.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Just to note... I'm really sad to say... in the course of trying to quickly upload a couple of pictures before the class started, at 8:30am, (The first two in this thread), I forgot to take the Memory Card out of the Memory Card Reader next to my laptop in the Training Room and place it back into the Cannon Digital Camera, so I'm sorry to say... I don't have very many process pictures...

Sad thing is, the before pictures I do have don't really show the extent of how bad the finish really looked, as it looked pretty bad...

One or two of the club members were also taking pictures, maybe I can get them to send me what they captured?
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Tut, tut, tut................ye canny get the staff these days eh Mike

It looks like a cracking job done there, was this a DA only or DA and rotary, also what was the procedure..............sorry about all the questions but living in the UK we aren't exactly local so all we can do is ask questions

Thanks
                      Bryan

Comment

Mike, please do tell the process and products used to restore the Z06 vette.. I have to do the same car in the same condition this coming weekend !

Comment

This is what I remember.

1.Clean car. wipe down with spray detailer with microfiber towels.
                          2. Clay car, use spray detailer for lube
                          3. Scratch X or 80 with G100
                          4. Do not wait until dry, wipe off.
                          5. Repeat as necessary
                          6. Finish with NXT via G100
                          7. Let dry, polish with G100 and microfiber bonnet

Plastic trim done with plastic trim treatment

Not sure what was used on tires

clayed glass, used Hi tech glass cleaner

G100 is a must.

good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the clinic. I am gonna pick up a bottle of the ##80. That stuff worked extremely well on the Vette. I am also very impressed with the NXT wax that came in the goodie bag. I just bought a whole bottle the other day at Pep Boys. Anyways, I learned a lot of useful stuff at the clinic. I even recommended it to a buddy of mine. I think he went this last weekend. Keep up the good work with the forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');