• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 and NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 and NXT

Just bought a 7336 and some meguiars pads. My plan is to clean my car in these steps

Wash
    Clay
    M80
    M21

or NXT

Should i just do 2 coats of m21 or do 1 coat of M21 and 1 coat of NXT?

Meguiars says not to mix waxes or chemicals with other products.

I am confused , I know NXT gives better protection then the M21 however m21 is supposed to be newer.

I am driving a black 2004 accord thanks

Hi Csig1001

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I'm in the middle of setting up for today's Detailing Class for the Temecula Corvette Club, but later tonight or tomorrow I'll try to get to your question.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks,

Yeah i was just curious if it is better just to stick with m21 then putting 1 coat of m21 then NXT.

I would think that the chemicals from the m21 would affect the NXT coat or vice versa.

I have read on the forums that M21 and a last coat of NXT worked well but there is not any sciencetific proof of this.

I hope you understand what i am saying
      thanks

Comment

Re: M21 and NXT

Originally posted by Csig1001
        Just bought a 7336 and some Meguiar's pads. My plan is to clean my car in these steps

Wash
        Clay
        M80
        M21

or NXT

Should i just do 2 coats of M21 or do 1 coat of M21 and 1 coat of NXT?
        Meguiar's always recommends 2 thin coats of wax versus one coat, especially one thick, sloppily applied coat. The reason for this is,

Two thin coats insures uniform appearance and uniform protection"

This is actually true for any wax. Here's a timely testimoney...

2 is better than 1

Meguiar's says not to mix waxes or chemicals with other products.
        Where did you read this? All of our paint care product have a synergistic compatibility as the chemist who make these products understand how to make one product to build off the results of the previously applied product.

Now we don't recommend using more than one product on a buffing pad or a hand applicator pad, but that's not the same as using multiple different products on one car. Here's a Mercedes-Benz Kompressor I recently detailed and I used 5 different Meguiar's paint care products not including our car wash and our Quik Detailer, that would make it 7 in total.

I am confused , I know NXT gives better protection then the M21 however M21 is supposed to be newer.

I am driving a black 2004 accord thanks
        Here's my answer from page 12 of the below thread to a forum member by the forum nickname of tripper_11...

New Product Announcement! - M21 Synthetic Sealant

Originally posted by tripper_11
        Does it mean #21 will be more durable than NXT but will protect less?

or

NXT will protect more than #21 but less durable?

tripper_11,

Below I have reposted what I wrote earlier in this thread on page 5, which should answer your questions. I color coded it red for you.
        • * Meguiar's new paint sealant will be available in a 64 ounce container with a suggested retail price of $40.00

* Meguiar's new paint sealant can be applied by hand, dual action polisher, orbital polisher and rotary buffer.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant needs to dry before being removed; this will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes in most climates. This may take longer in colder, more humid climates, and faster in drier, warmer climates. Meguiar's recommends the The Swipe Test to determine when a wax or paint sealant is ready to remove.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is V.O.C. compliant under new E.P.A. regulations for California starting in 2005

* Meguiar's new paint sealant Does contain some light cleaning ability. Not as much as #20 Polymer Sealant, which offers cleaning action.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant Wipes on and wipes off easy when applied using thin coats and allowed to dry for the appropriate amount of time.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant does not need to be heated in order to apply it and/or to make it bond.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant does not require any special pre-surface prep product that is specific to Meguiar's new paint sealant, (as part of a system).

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is not a one-step cleaner/wax product and is intended to be used on surfaces that are new, like new or have been pre-cleaned and polished using any Meguiar's compound, paint cleaner, cleaner/polish and or pure polish.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is formulated to be used with a rotary buffer in production type environments and is a much wetter product than the NXT Generation Tech Wax and as such offer more play time on the surface while being buffed. (Note: NXT Tech Wax is not formulated for use with a rotary buffer).

* Meguiar's new paint sealant contains no Carnauba wax or any natural ingredient as far as the protection value is concerned. NXT Generation Tech Wax is still Meguiar's best protecting product.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is the result of customer demand in the professional segment of our market. A majority of Meguiar's top accounts that distribute Meguiar's Professional Line are ordering NXT Tech Wax out of our Consumer Line to distribute into the professional segment of the market, (The professional detailing industry and the new and used car dealerships). To meet this new and strong demand for a Meguiar's synthetic paint sealant Meguiar's is now introducing a new product specifically formulated for this market and their unique needs through our professional distribution channels.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant should be available to purchase online and through PBE (Paint, Body, and Equipment) stores in mid-January 2005

* Meguiar's new paint sealant will offer the fine swirl elimination characteristics that NXT Generation Tech Wax offers, however, when used with a rotary buffer, it will offer much more due to the pad working for you as well.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant should be removed from any exterior trim to prevent staining.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant does not use any ingredients that offer cationic action like the Medallion Premium Paint Protectant.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant will not replace M20 Polymer Sealant. M20 will still be manufactured and available as it is a very popular wax with professionals.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant and layering? Whether Meguiar's new paint sealant can be layered or not depends on which definition of the word layer you subscribe to.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');