• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Polish and M80....M83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Polish and M80....M83

Ok, I didn't have M80 but I did have this polish. I know it’s hard to tell, but does this sound like it is close to M80? I did my black Montero to try to remove some holograms using this polish and even though it helped it didn't completely remove them. I thought I'd go with the M83 and a polishing pad now but didn't know if it’s too harsh. Just wondering if this was like using 80 before going to 83 as everyone suggests. ........This polish is made by production, I don't think alot of people have heard of them.

Description:
    FILM CLEARER® is one of the most popular polishes in the industry. FILM CLEARER® chemically removes light oxidation and brightens the finish. It removes scratches and buffer marks by hand or machine.
    FEATURES

Quick and easy to use - A standard in the industry

Excellent on Clear Coats

Lets new paint breath - Leaves no swirl marks, burns, or chalky dust

Haze-free - May be applied either by hand or machine

Won't gum on pads

Well.. the descriptions sound the same, but that doesnt mean a whole lot as far as quality goes. But it will be up to you to see if it works well for you or not.

You can certainly step up to #83 if you want, or order both 80 and 83 and try 80 first in a test area to see if it helps. Even if 83 is a step more agressive than you need, it is not going to damage your clear coat or anything. When working with a DA, 80 and 83 are excellent products to have at hand, so it shouldnt be a waste if you have both.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Current Polish and M80....M83

Best thing to do is to give it a try and see what you see. For safety reasons, you might want to only work on a small section about a foot squared), and then check your results and make sure you like what you're seeing. If you do, then continue on, if you don't, then you'll be glad you tested first in a small area...

Originally posted by ksrep28

Lets new paint breath
      Here's an example of a company using the analogy that Paint Needs to Breathe as I outlined in this article...

Paint Needs to Breathe
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I guess I was most worried about harming the finish by going to 83. But if Murr1525 is correct I think I'll be fine with M83. If what I have is similar to 80, (and I'm guessing it's close) than I don't think 80will get out the holograms. Will 83 most likely remove most any holograms?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');