• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 is better than 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 is better than 1

I just used NXT liquid wax on my DA for the 1st time this weekend, I applied it with the 9006 pad. It put on a nice, extra thin cover. It was removed with a MF bonnet

I put on the 2nd coat two days later and the product is amazing!! It was like night-and-day between the 2nd and 1st coat.

Always use 2 coats with NXT and youll notice the difference

Where have I read that before...

At our Saturday Detailing Classes we explain it this way,

Two thin coats insures uniform appearance and uniform protection"

This is actually true for any wax.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Where have I read that before...

At our Saturday Detailing Classes we explain it this way,

This is actually true for any wax.

The part that's confusing is how does it make it look so much better if the objective is uniform appearance and uniform protection ?....additionally, how long between coats can you wait before it's too long ?...in other words, if you wait a week, is the benefit still the same ?...hard to believe the difference would be night and day...
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
        The part that's confusing is how does it make it look so much better if the objective is uniform appearance and uniform protection

If you look at my sentence, it says,

Note the word, insures, by this I mean it could be you can create a uniform appearance with uniform coverage and thus uniform protection with one coat... two thin coats merely insures these kind of results.

I would as a practice always aim for two thin coats during an initial detailing session, after the paint has been restored to a level that you approve of, then maintain with single coats as often as needed or as often as you want your car to look like it was just waxed.

Originally posted by TKDDAD
        additionally, how long between coats can you wait before it's too long ?...in other words, if you wait a week, is the benefit still the same ?...hard to believe the difference would be night and day...
        That all depends on what you do with the car after you wax it. Do you leave it in the garage all protected or do you put it back on the road as a daily driver?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have also found that 2 is better than one... I always apply 2 coats of NXT with my PC.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I just used NXT last weekend on my friends Black truck and man I am really impressed. The joke was someone stole the paint and replaced it with mirrors. I applied it by hand and only 1 coat.
            The next 2weekends i will be detailing my boat but right after that while my wife and kids are on vacation i will be detailing my Tahoe and plan to give it 2 coats of NXT to Insure a uniform look.
            MY Question is should i apply 2 coats by hand or PC or mix and match. What are the results you guys have come across using NXT.

Comment

Thanks for helping me decide what to do for the spring detail next week. (if it stops raining!) For the winter one, I used#9 and #26. Looked great. This time, I plan on #80 for polish and NXT x 2.
              Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

I think Nxt could be a little trickier to apply by machine, since it isnt nessecerily designed for it, as opposed to #20, 21, etc. But plenty of people do it, so it shouldnt be too difficult.

You would probably want to at least remove the final coat by machine, (7006 pad + bonnets) as it seems to spruce up the final look as well.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');