• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car plan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car plan??

I just purchased an 05 Acura TSX (Milano Red). I am pondering how to protect the finish. The car had some DISO. I really want to work by hand. After prepping the paint and using Scratch X on specific problem areas, I was thinking about using Color-X and then follow that with DC3. What do you think about that? Has anyone tried this combo? Thanks.
    Bama

You didnt mention claying, though you said prepped.. definately clay, even a new car, if you havent yet.

After that, it is certainly up to you. I use ColorX and Nxt Wax on my daily driver... certainly looks good. I have also used COlorX and Gold Class on the parents car.. also good. Mine is like a steel blue colored (Atlantic Blue) Legacy, theirs is a dark red (Cassis Pearl) Avalon.

I would assume DC#3 would look quite good as well.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree, clay your car now and you'll be prepping the finish the right way...I also strongly recommend considering getting a G-100...like you, I only worked on cars by hand for over 35 years...I bought the G100 this year after I bought a new Black Hynudai Sonata LX and wanted to keep her shine like the day I picked it up....I can't say enough about this machine....makes the job SOOOO much easier and actually does a better job than you can do by hand...you can beat that combination...good luck and post some pics when you can !!
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Thanks guys. I have always been partial to the DC3 wax even after trying NXT and Gold Class. I always seem to come back to the DC3 for some reason. By prepping the finish I meant the following:

1. wash
        2. clay
        3. scratch x, where needed

And then...

4. Color X
        5. DC3.

I will try to post some pics when I get it completed.
        Bama

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.

The price of the DC#3 certainly keeps it very appealing, considering how good it is.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');