• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help on rotary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on rotary

hello
    i just purchased a makita rotary buffer and i am in need of parts for it. first off, i want to use a foam pad rather than a wool pad. i used the wool pad originally when i borrowed a friend's father's buffer when using #85 on the fresh paint, but i had some swirls and holograms. i am hesitant on using wool again, so i want to give foam a try
    what do i need to order from meguiars to enable the foam pads to work on my buffer.
    do i need backing plate and also which pads do you recommend.?
    thanks
    jake

I have a makita 9227c (I think thats the part #, has a bail handle) The black makita brand backing plate mates up to the foam and meguiars wool pads just fine. You just have to make sure to center the pads. Did you use #85 with the wool pad that comes with the buffer? (I think its more of a blend) Regardless, #85 is not meant to be a stand alone product. It is normally used with a wool pad to polish out sanding marks or seriouse paint defects. After using #85, you should then follow that with something like #83 then something like #80 or #82 with a D.A. (G-100) because 85 WILL leave behind nuffer swirls, they are just much easier to remove than other "caveman" compounds outh there.
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

i have #85, 83 and 80. i am not sure if mine comes with a backing plate, i ordered it from northern tool. i really didnt use much of the 83 at all. basically i only used the 85. so with the 83 followed by the 80 it should give a fairly smooth finish
      also, i have the meguiars how to buff professional series video
      i learned alot from that, where can i get the backing plate if it doesnt come with one?
      thanks
      jake

Comment

Ask and Ye shall recieve:
        Click me
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

Also, if you dont have a Dual Action Polisher, for the 80 step, at least use a W900(0/6). However, you may or may not have slight. slight buffer trails with out the D.A. step. All depends on the paint.
          Rangerpowersports.com
          Ranger72

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');