• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA question

is the porter cable DA and the meguiars one in the same?

Besides the backing plate (which the meguairs one can be attatched to either) they are the same. Porta Cable makes them for Meguiars. But just know that Meguiars offers a liftetime warranty when you buy it from them.
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

There's also two primary models one with a counter weight for a 5" backing plate and one with a counter weight for a 6" backing plate.

The Dual Action Counterweight "Controversy"
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

HI Mike P.,

Since were on the subject of DA...(not trying to hijack this thread)
        By the way i Finally ordered mine, cant wait till it gets shipped to my door by the brown truck (thank you Mike and Shane for showing me the way "Meguiars")

ive heard the Da since they are made by PC they are very reliable some ask if they can get them serviced have you or anyone serviced them and does anyone have any idea on the maintenace scheduling of it and how much$$ and does that include in the warranty with meguiars....sorry for the noob ??'s

by the way i do understand we all use the da differnetly i will use mine on my personal vehice and on the weekends until i improve..

have a great weekend everyone
        Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

We use and abuse the DAs all day every day. To date we have only had to replace a cord or two.

They are great machines!
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I second what Joe said, I have never had to replace anything on either of my two D.A's and they get "use and abused".
            I should have mentioned the whole counterweight thing, but I personally feel there is not that big a difference.
            Rangerpowersports.com
            Ranger72

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');