• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could have gone to this year's event, I had a blast last year. Even if I didn't learn a single thing, it is worth attending just to hang out with Mike Phillips and my fellow Autopians.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

We're not going to get any (user) names put with the faces or vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
        I wish I could have gone to this year's event, I had a blast last year. Even if I didn't learn a single thing, it is worth attending just to hang out with Mike Phillips and my fellow Autopians.
        Hi Scott,

Thank you for the kind words as it was also a genuine pleasure meeting you also as well as all the rest of the Autopians that attended.

I know a lot of people, including myself, enjoyed the opportunity to meet some of the personalities behind the names and Avatars from other forum world.

Perhaps we should think about doing this again?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
          We're not going to get any (user) names put with the faces or vehicles?
          Hi Mike,

Typically I'm pretty slammed on Mondays as with forums I've discovered, you never get a day off, just a day behind. So Mondays start out with catching-up on e-mail and forum posts that were generated from Friday night until Monday morning. That's a lot of typing.

We also had a duplicate of a problem that happened the weekend before and that is in a rush to get some pictures up on the forum to start the thread before the class started...

These ones...

Which if anyone has ever done this before they know how long it takes to,

Take the picture
          Name the picture
          Crop the picture
          Resize the picture
          Upload the picture
          Create a post, (add words), and then insert the pictures

Then you'll understand it takes a little time and usually things are pretty fast paced in the mornings. Anyway, after doing all of the above, yours truly forgot to remove the memory card from the memory card reader an insert it back into the camera. Then no one using the camera notice there was no memory card and thus pictures taken were never really captured.

Yesterday besides normal duties, I also had to generate an 1500 word article for a magazine.

So I haven't been able to carve out the time to upload the pictures I do have which isn't very many. I will try to get them up today.

Here was one thing that I noticed which was also both a compliment and a problem... for the most part, every car looked great!

This is a testimony to the passion and skill level of Autopians when it comes to detailing and maintaining the appearance level of their rides, but it also created a problem in that there wasn't anything in really bad condition we could work on and fix.

In other words, none of the cars needed washing, claying, cleaning, polishing or waxing!

Plus, all except for one person already knew how to use detailing clay and remove defects both by hand and machine. We ended up working on Dean's tailgate as it was recently instilled with swirls from the dealership. We couldn't work on the hood because the thing sat so high in the air

So Dean kindly took the tailgate off the truck and we worked, trained and demoed on it.

By the way, Joe aka Superior Shine will be removing the swirls and restoring a show car shine to this behemoth of a truck in the near future so we should see a write-up from him on this in the future.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank You Meguiars and Mike Phillips for yet another Great class
            this was my fourth..fifth class..The New (Digs) are Top Notch..
            and The New Products work Great...Much Better To Test them at a Class then Purchase them and then find out that the item does not work as you Thought it would...

What a surprise to see Barry take time to talk to the class!
            And That Barry Thinks So Much of Mike Phillips!
            I Have never met anyone with such Passion..That Barry has about life and Meguairs..and that he owes it all to God!
            That takes a LOT in a Man to admit that!

Comment

How did I miss this day!!
              Chopped 55 Suburban
              99 3.0 CL
              Family cars:
              1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
              48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
              New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
              Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Hey Mike what happened to the Before and After shots of the Tailgate

Dean

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');