• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's!

Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's!

On October 8th, 2005 Meguiar's will proudly host a hands-on detailing class for members of Autopia.org here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Class starts in a few hours!

Just to note, the forum can sometimes be busy on a Saturday, however as I'm not going to be available to post answers or tips as I'll be with the members of Autopia in either the Training Room or in the Training Garage working on cars today. -Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Autopians show up early!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi all,

A question Mike the Silver car there with the huge grill is that the car that is a V8 but can run only 4cylinders as and when you want it to.............in other words a V8 or a V4?

Thanks
        Bryan

Comment

Mike, thanks for the great class! Actually getting hands on with the pc was an eye opener! All along I was not applying enough pressure!

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123
            Hi all,

A question Mike the Silver car there with the huge grill is that the car that is a V8 but can run only 4cylinders as and when you want it to.............in other words a V8 or a V4?

Thanks
            Bryan
            Yeah, that option is available with the hemi only. (90% sure)
            At highway speeds it will cut spark/ fuel to 4 of the cylinders to conserve gas. It may do this at idle but I can't remember.
            Rangerpowersports.com
            Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123
              Hi all,

Thanks
              Bryan
              Bryan

The car is a Crysler 300c with a 5.7 Hemi. The engine drops to 4 cyliders at about 57mph and will respond like a V8 in a split second.
              2005 Chrysler 300c Bright Silver

Comment

Mike

That was a great time. I got exactly what I wanted from the class and then some. I will put what I learned today into practice tomorrow. That was a first class set up and well worth the time spent. Thanks to the Meg's crew.
                2005 Chrysler 300c Bright Silver

Comment

Originally posted by fatchance
                  Bryan

The car is a Crysler 300c with a 5.7 Hemi. The engine drops to 4 cyliders at about 57mph and will respond like a V8 in a split second.
                  300c yes I thought so.............it's now available in the UK aswell

Bryan

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much Mike. That was a first class operation. It was great meeting Barry Meguiar also. Once again thank you and the Meguiars company for everything today.

Dean

Comment

Oh right, meeting Barry Meguiar.. Boy is he a class act.. Great guy.. Tell him congrats on the USC blowout (42-21)!!

Comment

Mike & Tim,

Thanks so much for an EXCELLENT class! It was great to see the products and techniques being demonstrated first hand. I also enjoyed being able to try out the various Meguiars products. It was a fun learning experience that I hope to do again someday soon. Thanks again!

Best Wishes,

Gary

Comment

What can I say? Super group of people today! Every time we have members from Autopia here at Meguiar's it's a great experience for everyone. What made this class real special was that Barry was in town and stopped in and said hello and answered any questions the group had before heading off to the game with Karen and friends.

Here's a group shot except for a few folks that had to leave a little early.

Autopia at Meguiar's!

The last few people have just left and I'm just about out of here also. I'll upload some photos on Monday after getting caught up with the forum and e-mail.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Once again I want to thank both Meguiars and Mike Phillips for having us all done today. Like always, it was a blast getting to meet all the people that show and getting to talk cars and detailing. Thanks for a great time everyone one!
                            I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

I certainly hope that everyone's expectations were met today!

I'll guarantee that 90% (or more) of today's attendees will choose (or at least consider first) Meg's products for the rest of their lives... and for good reason.

Barry has been using this 'simple' demostration technique for decades. It works, apparently.

I certainly am not exclusive to Mequiar's products, but (with few exceptions) I could be! I'll place a regular $450 order on Monday.

Mike Phillips is the real deal.

Jim

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');