• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#66 How good is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you apply it by rotary, please give me a specific of how you do this (What pad, rpm, ect..) and are you getting an holo's or swirls or micromarring?
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

I've done side by side tests of 66 with a RB versus M80 and RB, and the 66 removed swirls as well as left a hologram free (buffer swirl) finish.

However, the reason is because 66 contains fillers, so it's just masking the buffer swirls.

So yes, it's a good product for certain applications, but if you're like me, and don't want the possibility of buffer swirls showing up on a customers car after it's been washed a few times, don't use 66 with an RB.

Richard

Originally posted by TH0001
      When you apply it by rotary, please give me a specific of how you do this (What pad, rpm, ect..) and are you getting an holo's or swirls or micromarring?
      Richard Lin
      ShowCarDetailing
      5548 E. La Palma Ave
      Anaheim, CA 92807
      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
        ....However, the reason is because 66 contains fillers, so it's just masking the buffer swirls...
        No disrespect Richard, but is this stated & backed by Meg's or your opinion/experience?

Comment

No problem. It's backed by experience and confirmed through a conversation I had with Meguiar's. Do a search on 66 and there are several good threads on it. One that comes to mind described the type of people that would like use #66, and I wasn't one of them.

I documented the effect here on a black BMW X5

The bottom front end was polished with a RB amd #66

On another portion of that same hood I used M83 and the RB

Both provided equally positive results, but the 66 side was also devoid of buffer swirls, while the M83 side, the buffer swirls were evident. Although the photography may not show it, I described what I saw in that writeup.

Also read this thread towards the end which discusses about 66 and how it works.

Richard

Originally posted by everglo
          No disrespect Richard, but is this stated & backed by Meg's or your opinion/experience?
          Last edited by OctaneGuy; Apr 30, 2006, 10:28 PM.
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Talk about old thread.I agree totally with Octane Guy.Ive talked to my rep and used #66 numerous times doing all kinds of experimenting.66 is a quik fix nothing else.Like a Band aid.It covers scratches for a few washes.
            2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
            Show Car Detail

Comment

How does A12 compare to M66? Same thing?

I notice M66 is deffinately made for rotary/DA, whereas the A12 can be used but isnt necc. defined as such.

Comments? Im thinking about replacing my stash of A12 with M66 when the time comes.

Thanks!
              ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
              561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
              --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
              --

Comment

Updated Opinion

I just wanted to post an updated opinion on #66. For me, #66 has been a lifesaver when dealing with certain very scratch sensitive finishes like the Infiniti G35 black paint.

This paint is so sensitive that you can buff it flawless, but just the act of removing the product leaves "rainbow swirls" behind. This also happened on an older model G35 (1990's), so it's not just the newer finishes.

#66 allowed me to buff the finish flawless, and retain just enough fillers as I wiped the excess product off, as to not reveal any "rainbow swirls". Then I followed it with M21 to darken and improve the look on the black paint.

Of course, the customer was kept informed of my solution so that he was aware that the #66 wasn't a long term solution, but he was fully aware of the "rainbow swirl" effect and that this was the best solution to the problem.

Richard
                Richard Lin
                ShowCarDetailing
                5548 E. La Palma Ave
                Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');