• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help. MIRROR GLAZE 26 vs. NXT ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. MIRROR GLAZE 26 vs. NXT ??

I have been using "Meguiars MIRROR GLAZE 26 HI-TECH" Wax (PASTE). I bought 5 11oz tubs of paste a few years ago and I'm almost done with my last tub. I've tried lots of different waxes over the last 20 or so years that I have been detailing my own rides. When I tried the MIRROR GLAZE paste I immediately went back to the store and bought what they had in stock because I was so blown away with the ease of use and effects. I figured in case the product wasn't available in a year or two at least I'd have the best wax I've ever tried.

I'm glad to see the product is still available.

I need help because I was about to order a few more MIRROR GLAZE 26 11oz container's when I saw the NXT wax on Meguiars web-site. Should I try something new ??? If so, the paste or the liquid ?

Can anyone who's fimilair with both (mirror glaze 26 & NXT) give their opinion ??

ps : I'm using it on paint that is in excellent condition.

TIA ~

The VERY FIRST thing you should do is go to the AutoZone stores in your area and see if they have any old stock of #26. If they have it, it will ring up for $.01 . That's right, one cent. That was in May, so the likelihood of finding any at that price is slim, but still worth pursuing. Maybe by phone.

I've used a lot of both, and while I love the #26 I use NXT a lot more often. If you think that #26 is easy to use, you'll be blown away by how easy NXT goes on and comes off.

I still think #26 gives a little bit richer look. But NXT has a very unique wetness to it that is hard to describe.

I've found no difference between the NXT paste and liquid, but I'm in the minority. Most people believe that the NXT paste looks better and lasts longer.

Still 'n all, if you can find #26 for a penny, NXT isn't 1,495 times better.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

On black and other dark colored vehicles I often use NXT Tech Wax followed by a top coat of #26.

My thinking is that I get the protective qualities of the NXT and the enhanced appearance qualities of the #26.
      FRANK CANNA
      Mirror Finish Detailing
      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');