• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many coats will one bottle do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many coats will one bottle do?

Ok, does any one have an idea as to how many coats one bottle of this stuff will do? Since not all cars are the same in size, let's just say it is used exclusively on a Mustang and it is applies per directions.
    I am just curious.
    Gary

Hi russell336,

I think your referring to Tech Wax?

If you apply it using thin coats, quite a few applications. Scottwax, who posts here from time to time and is a Professional Detailer, has been monitoring how many applications he has gotten out of one bottle, maybe if he sees this he'll chime in.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have applied 3 coats, using a PC DAP, to my TransAm and I have a tiny bit left in the bottle.

Comment

I am now on my second bottle, the first bottle did at least 12 maybe 15 coats. That was a mix of mid sized SUV's and sedans. I had did at least 4 coats on different vehicles with a PC of that bottle. If you only got (or get) 3-4 applications/coats per bottle your applying it way to thick and wasting product. In terms of cost per application/coat I'd say about $1.00 pretty economical.

Go Orioles !!!
        LL

Comment

Originally posted by doubleL
          I am now on my second bottle, the first bottle did at least 12 maybe 15 coats. That was a mix of mid sized SUV's and sedans. I had did at least 4 coats on different vehicles with a PC of that bottle. If you only got (or get) 3-4 applications/coats per bottle your applying it way to thick and wasting product. In terms of cost per application/coat I'd say about $1.00 pretty economical.

Go Orioles !!!
          I agree...I believe I get at least 15 applications per bottle.

I agree...Go Orioles!!!
          r. b.

Comment

That seems like quite a bit of coats. I meant about 6 coats, 3 applications total with 2 coats per application.

and by the way.... GO RED SOX !! First place baby !!

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6
              That seems like quite a bit of coats. I meant about 6 coats, 3 applications total with 2 coats per application.

It takes me about 3 or 4 applications to a W-9006 pad to coat a car with wax.
              r. b.

Comment

thats to much math for this white sox fan
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

That would be too much math if you were a Yankees fan, I think a White Sox fan can handle it !!

Comment

That would be too much math if you were a Yankees fan, I think a White Sox fan can handle it !!
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');