• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments - on class held 10-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments - on class held 10-14

I attended this class with a bit of skepticism,
    The Meguiar's product line is VERY confusing (make that VERY, VERY, VERY confusing), the General retailers who sell the products are NOT informed about the differences between items they sell, and I truthfully didn't know the correct technique.
    In fact, I had been scared to use power units as I'd heard so many stories about people accidently going down to metal when they came near an edge.

Mike cleared up the technique, clarified the product line and introduced me to new items I had never heard about (where the heck did clay ever come from?) and new tools.

I bought the D/A machine kit and $200.00+ worth of products.

After we cornered Mike into choosing that RATTY old black Honda (it did not even arrive washed) and we turned it into "Black Beauty" then I was absolutely stunned at how the proper materials and techniques can
    1) revitalize a finish
    2) reduce imperfections like swirls (fricking amazing)
    3) protect the paint

Thank you.
    This class was invaluable and today I've posted recommendation on several car sites.

Scott

Let us know how your car turns out!
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ooops this was held on Oct 15th, my mistake and I didn't see how to EDIT

Comment

Which car did you drive there?
        - JOn

Comment

Re: Comments - on class held 10-14

Originally posted by Bouffer
          I attended this class with a bit of skepticism,
          The Meguiar's product line is VERY confusing (make that VERY, VERY, VERY confusing), the General retailers who sell the products are NOT informed about the differences between items they sell, and I truthfully didn't know the correct technique.
          In fact, I had been scared to use power units as I'd heard so many stories about people accidently going down to metal when they came near an edge.

Mike cleared up the technique, clarified the product line and introduced me to new items I had never heard about (where the heck did clay ever come from?) and new tools.

I bought the D/A machine kit and $200.00+ worth of products.

After we cornered Mike into choosing that RATTY old black Honda (it did not even arrive washed) and we turned it into "Black Beauty" then I was absolutely stunned at how the proper materials and techniques can
          1) revitalize a finish
          2) reduce imperfections like swirls (fricking amazing)
          3) protect the paint

Thank you.
          This class was invaluable and today I've posted recommendation on several car sites.

Scott
          the multiple products that they sell have confused me as well.

it's one reason that i haven't bought their products in the past.

after getting the proper info from Mike, i now feel that they are the only products i will ever buy.

mike made a good analogy in comparing the polishes/waxes/cleaners to tools. their products are made for specific tasks and each one performs the required task VERY well.

btw, which car was yours?

some guy with the black SL (which we didn't pick for the makeover) was trying to sell me his detailing services!

i guess he thought that a class of do-it-yourself types would be a great place to get customers. NOT!
          2001 Viper RT/10 -Supercharged-
          650rwhp

Comment

Mike is the man!!!

Meguiars has been in business a looooooooooong time. Products were developed to tackle what ever was needed to be handled at the time.

Now with the release of very hard finishes from the OEMs Meguiars will maybe come out with something for them as well.

I pay my mortgage, put food on the table, etc... as a pro detailer and I count on Meguiars to help me do that. So far after 15 years I havn't been let down.

some guy with the black SL (which we didn't pick for the makeover) was trying to sell me his detailing services!
            That funny!! Actually I was approched by three people requesting my services. They had to write my phone number on a scratch paper as I did even bring biz cards. What was I thinking-LOL!
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

My wife and I had a great time! Looking forward to learning some more about your products.

Comment

Always be sure to ask any questions.. you'll certainly get an answer around here.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                  .That funny!! Actually I was approched by three people requesting my services. They had to write my phone number on a scratch paper as I did even bring biz cards. What was I thinking-LOL!

even though they learned about the product line and application techniques i guess they would rather pay you for the hard labor involved.

mike let me know that my car is going to take a lot of work, but once the initial prep is done (clay/#83), all subsequent wax applications should be very easy.

having a hired gun to do the work is ok, but nobody is going to take as much care with the car as i will.
                  650rwhp

Comment

Don't know about my good man! We love cars, even other people's cars and by the way that's JOE SMOOTH it can't get any better that

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood9
                      even though they learned about the product line and application techniques i guess they would rather pay you for the hard labor involved.
                      That is a good point. It does take a lot of work to get a car into great condition. As enthusiasts most of us can only go so far and often times that is not enough. If I had a car that needed a more aggressive approach than I felt comfortable doing I would ask Joe. I say good for them for asking for help to get the best finish. Now that they know how to maintain it, having Joe do his magic is a good decision and investment.

Hollywood,
                      Was that your red Viper in bay #2? How did it come out?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette

Hollywood,
                        Was that your red Viper in bay #2? How did it come out?

Joe
                        yes it's mine.

i haven't received the products that i ordered. the sales guy told me that it might take up to 10 business days to get everything.

i wish i was able to buy everything right then and there!

mike wanted me to post before and after pics in the "Show Off" area but there are so many cars in that section that i'll probably just post it here.
                        650rwhp

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');