• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Component Speakers... Alpine or Infinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Component Speakers... Alpine or Infinity?

Originally posted by gb387
    Component Speakers... Alpine or Infinity?
    Kappa's brother, plain and simple. Alpine does make a fantastic head unit though. But if you want crystal clear sound throughout the sound spectrum; Infinity is the clear choice. I have Infinity speakers both in my home and in my auto.

If you're willing to drop some change into a head unit though, I'd recommend Eclipse (by Fujitsu Ten). They make some EXCELLENT head units, (their bottom of the line CD head unit in '97 cost me $550) and the difference is highly noticeable.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Hope this helps out a bit
    Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

My Infinity tweeter covers are black. They come so they can be surface mounted or flush mounted. If you can find a place to flush mount them you wouldn't be disappointed in the appearance. The first time I cut a hole in a door panel the only thing I could think of was what if I have to pull them out? I've now put in several sets and to date never uninstalled them even when I sold the vehicle. I've never liked the surface mounting when they sit on top of what ever you might be putting them on. Just doesn't look as professional in my opinion. Sometimes mounting them in a head liner is a legitimate option and close to the ear. Most of the better tweeters allow you to focus or aim them where you want. If you've ever considered or have pillar guages in your truck this takes the pillar out as a mounting option.
      *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Gearhead,

Were you a "Phantom Warrior"? I ask because of your profile picture that is next to your posting.
        Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

I Know his profile picture is the album cover for Molly Hatchet's debut album

For the life of me I can not remember the artist who painted the portrait years ago I looked through a book of painting he done the man has some kind of imagination
          Rich
          If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
          DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Beercan31

For the life of me I can not remember the artist who painted the portrait years ago I looked through a book of painting he done the man has some kind of imagination
            Frank Frazetta, I used to collect all of his paintings in framed puzzles. He's pretty good at what he did.

This one is titled "The Death Dealer"

Molon Labe

"it is sweet and right to die for your country"
            Last edited by GearHead_1; Apr 29, 2004, 06:05 PM.
            *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I bought some 5 1/4" Infinity Kaapas up. I was up till 2:00 in the morning installing my head unit/amps/speakers on Tuesday night. As I was testing them and setting up my EQ and so on.... I was very disappointed in the sound they were giving me. Every time I adjusted my EQ it seemed to do the oposite of what I wanted and just couldn't get a clear sound. So i figured I upset enough of my neighbors and gave up and went to bed. The next morning I got up and started to mess with it again, I started to set my sub up and the sub volume was controlling the component speakers, what in the world? Then I figured it out, man what a moron, I had my front channel amp hooked to the mono sub out on the head unit. After that was straightened out the speakers sounded GREAT! Wouldn't give them up for the factory for stereo for anything!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');