• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Videos on How-To-Use Dual Action Polisher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos on How-To-Use Dual Action Polisher?

Was wondering if anyone had any videos or anything of that nature, working with a Dual Action Polisher?

Showing how long to stay in a section, how quick to move the DAP, and so on...

Thanks all!

haha i wish there was i'd buy one in a heartbeat
    rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Go the the meguiars.com "how to center" for a video.
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

there are other detailing forums which(i cant name to not violate the forum rules) have them as well as long as you have DSL and so forth....
        Unfortunately the video im speaking of only light touches base with a broad view and doesnt go in depth.....one best investment is to see Mike P. on a sat detailing class using the DA he makes it look so easy like an artform....to bad they dont have a reality show star Mike P...lol that i definetly would watch hint hint...Mike Demand tv.....but i understand he is very business especailly since im waiting for his bible(book) of auto detailing.....i too am searching for the best video that will go indepth but the best teacher for now is yourself and thinking things through..Analyze
        Good Luck!!!
        Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

or as an idea, if someone could grab a video camera during the Detail Days and convert it to a MPEG file that we can view on our computers... Its not hard to do and would help a lot of people including me

Comment

That would be awesome if they record a "How To DAP" on one of the detailing days. It would really help those of us that live 1000's of miles away and are not able to attend these events.

Comment

yeah, i brought that up to Mike for last Saterdays meeting... i guess it didnt happin!

I'm a little South of Chicago... so it'd be a ordeal for me to travel to CA

Comment

Originally posted by gtp
                or as an idea, if someone could grab a video camera during the Detail Days and convert it to a MPEG file that we can view on our computers... Its not hard to do and would help a lot of people including me

i agree...i would have...plus i have a video camera but i dont think mike or meguiars will alow that .....they would have done it already...the only way is to invite mike for some bar b que maybe and a car detail day at your house...... but i dont know if he would be up for that lol....just a thought
                Miguel

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
                  i agree...i would have...plus i have a video camera but i dont think mike or meguiars will alow that .....they would have done it already...the only way is to invite mike for some bar b que maybe and a car detail day at your house...... but i dont know if he would be up for that lol....just a thought
                  I told him, if he came over to Chicago and helped me out that i'd set him up with some free food...

Comment

Video summaries of detail days would be AWESOME.
                    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Hint, Hint.............I wander if Mike is reading this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyTop
                        Hint, Hint.............I wander if Mike is reading this thread?

of course he is...any time soon i am pretty sure he will post that reply that we all wold be very happy about.....
                        right mike?? RIGHT MIKE????

Comment

heh...for i momoent i thought you were trying to drill a whole through your car with that PC.
                          Very nice though, i got an idea, i totally had something diferent in mind.
                          Basically you want to spend about 2-3 minutes with the PC on each panel/section.

also was that wax you were applying?
                          (i just ordered a PC, cant wait to get it)

thank
                          xtos

Comment

Are you really suppose to go that fast with the PC? Ive been going slower than that video... we really need more video cause I am sure others use the wrong arm speed..
                            Mike P are you there? Can you throw us a bone?

Comment

Interesting video......

thank you for sharing that with us Shiny Lil Detlr

if i didn't read the post i would of thought the same as "xtos" commented.....

"gtp" in the begging of the video he was at a slower speed and apply the DACP to spread it out doesn't matter how fast you move your arm in apply it once it spread out then he turn up the dial ....now he wasn't recommending for anyone to crank it all the way up and stay in one spot but he was simply proving a point on how safe it is to use a pc/G-100...but if you noticed after stay in one spot his arm speed was slower then the beggining...by the way this is my assumption and i could be wrong....i am simply try to help out....

im still waiting for Mike P. Detailing book and his video on the G100 plus the makita
                              Miguel

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');