• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird poop

I mistakenly parked my car under a tree last night and woke up this morning to find bird poop all over the hood. I managed to completely remove most of the stains in their entirety but one remains. I tried using Meguiar's Paint Cleaner and Paint Polish to no avail. Any suggestions on a product that will work?

My first guess would be ScratchX and a clay bar.

Is the poop etched into the hood, or just sitting stuck on it?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Looks like it's etched. I removed the actual poop and now there is a small somewhat light stain that remains. It kind of looks like when tomato sauce stains a plastic container even after you wash it... maybe a little lighter

Comment

You can try the clay bar first if you have one. It may work, and can certainly be tried first, but may not do much. ScratchX is what will finaly be needed to remove it if it is an actual etching.

(I assume working by hand)

Comment

BTW - I have the Meguiar's Deep Crystal® System (Paint Cleaner, Polish, and Wax). I tried using the cleaner and polish to remove the stain but neither appeared to work.

Comment

Thanks. I'll go ahead and try the scratch x. Seems like that will be the best bet. And yes - by hand.

Comment

DC#1 and DC#2 are both non-abrasive, and wont be able to remove etching. Etching is like a scratch, and will actualy need an abrasive product to remove it.

Comment

Hi:

The best product for hand application would be (ScratchX) SX.

I would either wash the car or spot wash the area were you are going to work and dry. Just to be safe, you do not want to cause a bigger problem by picking up some trash that may be on your car from the tree.

Use either a foam applicator or a 100% cotton terry towel.

I would first try the foam applicator and then the terry towel.

The terry towel will make the product more aggressive.

You will have to work the area well with the SX and it may take more than one application. You do not need to let SX dry, work the product, wipe it off and try again if required.

I like to work the area with both circular and back and forth motion in a number of different directions.

The SX will remove the wax so you will need to reapply.

You can clean up the area with some QD and then rewax.

Regards,

KTruck
                Last edited by KTruck; Oct 19, 2005, 11:03 AM.
                Make it Shine

Comment

Great. Thanks. Appreciate the replies.

Comment

Those bird droppings, even over night, get bad, don't they? I often wonder what we feed those birds!

ScratchX sounds like a winner. Hopefully that will be the end of your stains.
                    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');