• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Degreaser vs. Safe D-Greaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Degreaser vs. Safe D-Greaser

I've read the descriptions on these two products (you can read them here), but does anyone have any real world comparisons of the two? Is Safe D-Greaser the one to use 90% of the time and then use Super Degreaser only if you really need something strong? Is Super Degreaser harmful on painted surfaces? Any other comments or observations between the two products? How much strong is Super Degreaser over Safe D-Greaser? Thanks.

I have nver used Safe-D-greaser, but use Super Degreaser all the time. It will absoluytely strip the wax of painted surfaces, but I bet the safe-D-greaser would as well. I think the whole idea with safe-d-greaser is its less harsh on certain plastics that turn white when hit with a strong cleaner.
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll probably just go ahead and stick with the Safe D-Greaser!

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread, but... would safe d-greaser be efficient enough to clean really dirty tires and wheel wells? or would super d-greaser be more appropriate? i'm almost out of E1 all wheel and tire cleaner (which i love) and need something similiar, as it would be more cost efficient to dilute and buy in the gallon(s).

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut
          sorry to revive an old thread, but... would safe d-greaser be efficient enough to clean really dirty tires and wheel wells? or would super d-greaser be more appropriate? i'm almost out of E1 all wheel and tire cleaner and need something similiar, as it would be more cost efficient to buy in the gallon(s).
          Hey Allen,
          I have lots of the Safe Degreaser still, if you want to buy a gallon of Super D-Greaser, we could each exchange a portion. That way we'll have a bit of both, depending on our needs. I might stop by the store tomorrow, so I'll talk to you then.

Comment

Safe D-Greaser is great on dirty tyres and wheel wells, but not so hot on greasy surfaces. In fact, I don't think Safe D-Greaser does anything that APC can't do, and as such, won't be getting any more Safe D-Greaser when my current gallon runs out - I'll be sticking with APC and Super Degreaser.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by kpagel
              Thanks for the help, I'll probably just go ahead and stick with the Safe D-Greaser!
              I love the stuff just used it for the first time today and look how it turned out, and it's strong enough to get all the dirt off my engine check it out Preparing to Detail Engine Compartment
              BTW on the label for Safe D Greaser it says to remove wax dilute like 20:1. So yeah it'll remove wax. I also have super degreaser, haven't used it yet because I was recommended the safe d greaser for the engine compartment.

Comment

I am a big fan of Safe-D-Greaser too! Works really well on engine compartments and is awesome for cleaning any kind of rubber/plastic on the exterior. Absolutely it does not dull the color of plastic or rubber at all which is a huge plus.

One other thing I really love to use Safe-D-Greaser on is the black rubber/plastic trim a lot of cars have at the bottom. It really seems to bring the bottom trim back to life quickly and then with some dressing on top it looks better than new.

Comment

Man.. after reading this thread I dont know what to get.

I wanted to get one of these products but not sure which is the better option. So far Im leaning towards Safe D-Greaser.
                  ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                  561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                  --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                  --

Comment

The pleasant herbal fragrance of super degreaser is tempting!
                    Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');