• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a PC On Glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a PC On Glass?

The PC can work miracles on paint. Are there any products, pads and techniques that I could use it with on windows and windshields, or is that dangerous territory?

You know how glass can get a permanent etching, especially from using windshield wipers too much* and I've been wondering if there could be a way to polish the glass back to sparkling smooth. I myself use Rain-X and rarely use my wipers at all, but we bought a used truck that clearly has the etching that has me puzzled for a solution.

Thanks for your thoughts~

*It drives me crazy seeing people run their wipers at high speed when it's barely sprinkling. I know it's not my car, but geez... watching damage being done to a car!

Here is a good thread on: Glass Polishing. Mike P. has posted a kit made by Eastwood to remove scratches from glass. Your PC is not going to hurt anything, glass is harder then a clear coat paint. I use the #4 trick posted in the glass polishing thread and it works very well to clean the glass then apply the rain-x.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have used my PC on glass many times without a problem.

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Wow. Guess you learn something everyday. Good info, dont know how I missed that Glass Polishing Thread. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SeabreezeDetailing
          Wow. Guess you learn something everyday. Good info, dont know how I missed that Glass Polishing Thread. Thanks!
          With all the info here can be hard to find exactly what you want. From time to time I come across a valuable and informative post it seems everyone on MOL has seen but me. Kind of a where was I!?!?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Using a PC On Glass?

Anyone tried #83 together with the W8006 pad to polish glass.
            Is combination strong enough to produce good results.

Comment

#4 by hand would probably work better.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It says I don't have permission to access the glass polishing thread.
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by betona View Post
                  The PC can work miracles on paint. Are there any products, pads and techniques that I could use it with on windows and windshields, or is that dangerous territory?

You know how glass can get a permanent etching, especially from using windshield wipers too much* and I've been wondering if there could be a way to polish the glass back to sparkling smooth.
                  Meguiar's doesn't offer any products for removing below surface defects, (which is what you're describing is the problem with you car's glass), and the only company that does offer products for repairing scuffs and light abrasions in the glass is the Eastwood company and these products need to be applied with either a drill, (rotating action, not orbital like a PC), or a rotary buffer, (rotating action). Because glass is so hard, a tool with a rotating action is required in and effort to remove small particles of glass which is how you remove any below surface defect, the oscillating action of a PC is to gentle to remove surface imperfection out of glass.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yeah, i can't access the glass polishing link. why is that mike, it says i am not authorized. . .
                    before u rev em up, shine em up!

Comment

I can't see the thread either. What gives?
                      It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

The thread has been moved out of sight because the product recommended in that thread is a product for paint care and not glass polishing and we don't want anyone to get into trouble for posting information outside of the official Meguiar's message.

Thanks for understanding.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');