• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Polishing with #80/#83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Polishing with #80/#83

I am fairly new on using the DA Polisher and one of the things I have read and seems somewhat confusing here on MOL (at least to me) is knowing when to STOP from over polishing (#80/#83) the product too dry. It seems to be somewhat of a knack (experience in time) knowing when you have maximized the polishes potential.

So, this is what I do and of course, please jump in here if I am all wet (no pun intended) on the subject.

I have read that you’re supposed to see the consistency of the polish change while working your 16�X16� area. Of course from experience over time, this should make this easier for the common polisher to realize it and when to stop polishing. So, while I am trying to gain that experience, I perform a swipe test with my finger when I first start polishing the area to first get a feel of how thick the product is when I first started and continue working the product and perform a re-swipe test every 30-45 seconds thereafter. At a point, you will feel and see from the swipe test that the polish is starting to thicken up on you and when it gets to a certain thickness (somewhere between butter/margarine and peanut butter); I stop and wipe the polish off to check my results on my finish. Ultimately, we are trying to prevent from over polishing the product dry on our paint.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');