• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too cold too detail today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too cold too detail today??

Hey guy's got some time today. The air temp is in the low 40's now. Is this too cold?? I know it's going to be chilly hand washing the car. Just wondered if it was too cold to polish and wax.

Thanks to all!!

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Are you working by hand or with a machine? As long as the polish/wax aren't cold, you'll be fine with a machine since it generates a bit of heat. For washing, try using warm tap water to keep your hands from freezing.

I've worked with a temperature at between 32-36 F before, and using the G100 I had no issues.

Comment

By hand I have a 7" orbital but don't like it.
      Have moved polish and wax inside of house to keep from freezing.

Thanks.

Kelly

Comment

I'm with Shiny on that one. I've worked things in cold temps: biggest setback is curing time for wax and sealants.

DEFINITELY keep your products from freezing.
        Storing them inside
        See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Thanks!! Postponed detail. Started to rain
          Will try again next weekend. Wish I had a heated garage.
          Wifs car is in the garage (single) but no room to move around.
          Mine gets stuck outside. Get ice storms etc. So far no falling limbs on car. We have two large oak trees that overhang the driveway.

Kelly

Comment

I got my clients unit done today & just put a wash on 1 of my personal units. The northeast wind off of the ocean dried them real fast. Otherwise no problem. It's not white nuckle season in NJ yet.
            Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');