• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC/G100 First attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC/G100 First attempt

Well I collected my PC7424 last week and ordered a couple of extra pads, #80 Speed Glaze and a few other things from Meguiars online (UK). Speed Glaze hasnt arrived yet (after 5 days) but i got 3 Sonus Pads and SFX-1 and SFX-2 locally and couldnt wait to get started on my car.

The process:

Wash with Megs Soft Wash Gel.
    Dry with Megs WW Drying Towel.
    SFX-2 on white Sonus Pad at 2.5
    DC Polish by PC again another white Sonus Pad at 2.5
    GC Liquid Wax on Sonus Blue Pad at 2.5.
    Both removed with Megs ultimate wipe.

And Megs Tyre Shine of course.

Here are the results:

Fantastic gloss and attracted lots of envious looks when i later drove round town but when i put the car in the garage i noticed that scratches that were invisible outside are still present especially on the roof and bonnet

I think the reason is that perhaps i needed to do more passes with the PC, apply more pressure or turn up the speed - guess first time nerves got the better of me . I could have tried the stronger SFX-1 but not being a Megs product i'm not familiar with the best way to use it and was a little concerned as my paint is so soft!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks folks

Rob

Hi Robb,

Cracking job that Robb........you must have gotten the last of the decent weather eh

My first attempt went from this: -

To this: -

And a reflection shot: -

I can also see very small scratches but I was using #80 at seed 4.5 I then used #21 at 4 and finally #26 also at 4 I then removed #26 with a W-7006 pad with GC MF bonnet over.

Bryan
    Last edited by Blr123; Oct 26, 2005, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Cheers Bryan

Your Signum is looking good, seems your using too much speed and me not enough

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob66
        Cheers Bryan

Your Signum is looking good, seems your using too much speed and me not enough

Rob
        Yeah you're probably rite there Robb although you're car looks better than mine at the mo.............I'll put that down to the cramped conditions I was workig in not to mention the por light.........although I do have a swirl finder........a cracking piece fo kit they are, same as the ones shown in a thread on MOL yeah?

Bryan

PS when I was using the pC I found it more comfortable to use when I was wearing the close fitting light weight leather gloves I have, they just cut down the vibration a good bit

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');