• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage

Hello

So what are you guys using for protecting your(investment) g100 and circular polisher(makita,dewault,hitachi,CE).....example tool box, plastic rubbermaid container,etc...

next ?? is similar as above, pads for your g100 and circular polisher ....what do you store them in...any new ideas...example in a shoe box with or without holes....

last?? how do you store your car care line towels, wax,polish,qd pads, everything...

pics please or describe!!!

thanks
    Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Re: Storage

Originally posted by Djmigs
    Hello

So what are you guys using for protecting your g100 and circular polisher(makita,dewault,hitachi,CE).....example tool box, plastic rubbermaid container...

next ?? is simular as above, pads for your g100 and circular polish ....what do you store them in...any new ideas...example in a shoe box with or without holes....

last?? how do you store your car care line towels, wax,polish,qd pads, everything...

pics please or describe how or what!!!

thanks
    I have 2 DAs and the makita all stuck in, for all intents and purposes, A gymbag I got from ADS

For my Pads, I buy them by the box and keep them in there until I break open the pack. Then I have a couple of other original PAD boxes that I do store some Pads in. I also found the BOX the DA came in turned out to be a great size for the Pads as well.

I keep each pad in it's own 8"x8" ziplock baggie. I do not seal the baggie. I just leave it open and store it in one of the boxes. I also write the name of the product I use the pad for as well as the date used and the last date cleaned if applicable. I figure this should give me a good idea of how long each pad will actually last me.

I don;t see any mold/mildew issues by doing things this way. But I always put the pads on the Makita to sling out any eccess before storing and just for the heck of it I usually set them on a Grit Guard for about a day to let the air dry whatever it can.

The stuff I use regularly is all kept on open shleves. The seldom used stuff is kept in large, stackable rubberamid type containers.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Porter Cable makes a custom fitted box for the PC, which is a little pricey and aggravating. The plus side of it is, once you get the darned thing in there, it's locked in place and you could drop the box off a building and I think the machine would be ok. Most people seem to keep it in the cardboard box it came in or in a metal or plastic container from one of the super stores, as you allude to.

Comment

G-100: went to walmart and into the toolbox section, purchased a $5 yellow tool box, tool out the top storage tray and put in some foam and walla - fits w/ the velcro backingplate no problem.

Rotary: picked up a plano fishing tackle box for about $20.00 did the same thing.

works better than any bag for protection. good luck with your decision.
        2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I keep the one PC in the fancy plastic case that PC sells and I keep the other one in its 15 year old cardboard box. I keep the Makita rotary and the Cyclos in their original boxes too. But then they seldom leave the shop unless I lend them to somebody.

I keep my unused pads in a Rubbermaid container and my used pads (in baggies) in a set of cheap plastic storage drawer units.

I keep the unused towels/etc. in Rubbermaids and the ones I use in plastic trash cans on casters. One can for good cotton, one for rough-duty cotton, and one for MF. I think I'll soon have to get another one for rough-duty MF.
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

My PC and some other things call this home:

Towels are in a 3 drawer plastic thing I got from Wal-Mart... stored dust freeeee.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use two storage containers. The first is a Rubbermaid storage bin for PC, backing plate, and extra bottles of supplies. The other is a plastic 3 drawer unit made by Sterilite I got at Target for $30. With the 3 drawer unit, I put exterior supplies in one drawer, interior in another, and towles and pads in the third. I keep all towels and pads in labeled Ziplock bags. The drawers pull completely out, and can be placed on the unit's top whick is flat and makes a good work surface.

Comment

simple
                polisher .. tool box
                pads .......labeled ziplock bags
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I keep the g100 in its original box.

The pads along with speed glaze and #2 go in the Meguiar's duffel bag I got free from ADS

Everything else like the mfs....hi tech applicator pads....water magnet.....quik detail pad...ultra plush terry cloths and even coat applicators ( which I used before I got the g100) are stored in a sterilite setup from walmart.
                  The Bottles of product are stored on a standard storage shelf rack. I will be upgrading to a wire rack soon, or higher quality shelf rack.
                  Sorry I'm having trouble uploading the other pics.... (resizing and cropping issues)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');