• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grit Guard

does any body know the cheapest place to get a grit guard system?

Meguiar's only sells the Grit Guard itself, I'm not sure how our price compares to other vendors as I have not checked.

We currently don't sell the dolly with the Grit Guard bucket, or lid and cushion. You'll have to visit the Grit Guard site for these items.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Best deal is get the grit guard from meguiars then get your own bucket. Unless you want the whole "system".
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

buy the grit guard for $9.99 on here, and then go buy a bucket at wal-mart, lowes, home depot, etc.. i prefer white buckets, so i can see/monitor the wash solution. here's the link ----> http://www.meguiars.com/?home-cleani...t-Guard-Insert

Comment

ya i looked up the grit gaurd and theres one dual bucket system that costs $120US i dono about u guys but thats a little on the pricy side for me
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
            ya i looked up the grit gaurd and theres one dual bucket system that costs $120US i dono about u guys but thats a little on the pricy side for me
            I bought the Dual Bucket setup as well as an extra 3.5 Gallon bucket setup. I love the thing-a-ma-bob. I don't have a garage to keep my goodies in. This thing lets me keep all my washing supplies in the buckets. I can put the lids on them and have everything out of the elements. Then I can stack them up on the dolly setup and roll the whole she-bang up against the house outta the way.

For me it was just a neat way to keep from having to drag stuff out from the shed or house everytime I wanted to wash.

Something I did today that I was all excited about (IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH) was I had put the 3.5 gallon bucket on the dolly and had another 3.5 gallon bucket I got with the Ultimate Organizer. I put everythig I needed in one bucket to do all the "low" detail work. Tire Shine and applicators, TrimDetailer and applicators etc. So I was able to sit my happy rear on one bucket, on the little fanny pad, and scoot around all the low areas of the vehicle with all my goodies sitting next to me in the other bucket. Work a little, slide over etc.

I also like the lid assemblies. Very water tight. I filled 2 buckets up in the house with hot water the other day to wash with. Screwed the lids on and away I went. No worry about spilling. I plan on doing similiar this winter. If my garden hose freezes I plan on filling up 2-3 buckets with hot water at the house then driving over to the Car Wash and using their pressure wand for pre-soak and rinsing and using the hot water in the buckets for the actual washing. I think some folks actually just take empty buckets to the car wash. I have not tried it but I would imagine it can be a challenge to fill a bucket up with a pressure wand.

I guess it all comes down to need and priorities as to whether it's worth it or not. For me, at the time I had some extra cash and did not mind the cost.
            Last edited by Jeff Smith; Oct 27, 2005, 10:40 PM.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

The grit guards are all around the same price no matter where you get them from. About $10 bucks each. I got mine from Meguiar's I suggest you do the same. Get at least 2..and if you can 3. Always good to have an extra one handy especially if you can't get them anywhere local. I have one for the wash bucket, one for the rinse bucket, and one for a "dirty" bucket..for rims, wheel wells, the underbody.

Comment

Originally posted by F-150
                The grit guards are all around the same price no matter where you get them from. About $10 bucks each. I got mine from Meguiar's I suggest you do the same. Get at least 2..and if you can 3. Always good to have an extra one handy especially if you can't get them anywhere local. I have one for the wash bucket, one for the rinse bucket, and one for a "dirty" bucket..for rims, wheel wells, the underbody.
                When not using them for the process of washing, they make great drying racks for things like wash mits, foam pads etc. I have a couple of 8006 pads at the house on one drying right now.
                Jeff Smith

Comment

i too purchased mine from meguiars....
                  you may find other place slightly cheaper but shipping will turn you away.....just a thought
                  one thing i didn't ask meguiars cc is if they can get different color but not matter to me as long as i have a white bucket to see the dirt.....
                  but i know others who choose different color, because they are color coordinated.... just a preference

Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

I agree with many of you.
                    I will be getting mine through Megs and I too was wondering if I can select different colors.
                    I was thinking two, but now, I will get three.
                    I did my research and the other place would have been Grit Guard directly, and the shipping cost is pretty much the same.
                    I figure I support and give my business to Meguiar's

Comment

Here is a neat little trick I found handy if you have the Grit-Guard. This works much better with 2 gritguards. Flip the bottom one upside down in your bucket, place the brushes in the 4 sections then put the other Grit-Guard in on the top. Even if you put them in while wet, This leaves enough room for water to drip out and yet still protects them while air comes in from the top.If you use any of Meg's Brushes with the removable heads. After you are done washing and have rinsed the brushes, Pull the heads off. Remove the Grit-Guard and place the heads in the bucket then place the grit guard back over them. One in each section. This makes for a dandy way of keeping your brush heads from getting mashed and distorted during storage.

This reminds me. Need to tralk to Customer Service about replacement handles for the brushes. I am finding the shorter brush handles are more to my liking.
                      Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');