• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning/Protecting front grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning/Protecting front grill

I have a Honda Ridgeline and as far as the exterior goes I think I have just about everything figured out as far as cleaning and protecting everything. Even have the Chrome Rims and Headlight/Tailight lenses protected now.

The one little task I have been putting off is the front grill. It is predominately black plastic with a few silver painted plastic "bars" across the front.

The black plastic has these little hexagonal shaped holes just barely large enough that I can get the tip of my pinky finger in. The holes along the outer edge are to small for this.

I was thinking Gold Class Trim Detailer for the Black Plastic but for the Silver stuff I am unsure. I could probably even get by with just a simple coat of wax on the silver. I need to put something on them as water spots tend to be an issue here.

Anyway, does anybody got any suggestions as to how best to work on, as in apply cleaner or trim detailer in the small hexagonal holes? I piddled for a quick couple of minutes today trying to get an MF in there but my fingers would not go in with the MF over them.

I could try somethng as simple as maybe putting the MF over a toothbrush or maybe even pickup 1 or 2 of those little foam paint brushes used for trimming, but figured I would post for the heck of it as this seems like one of those sort of topics that others might have some worthwhile things they have tried and proved to be successful.

I hope to get home today and do a little more exterior work then play with the camera. I want to get some fresh pics of all the work I have done. Hopefully the sun wil cooperate. I'll try to remeber to snag a pic or 2 of the grill up close.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Just woke up a bit ago and the sun was cooperating so snapped a pic of my project grill. Still looking for any feedback on getting into these tight little spaces if anyones got anything to offer. Thanks

Jeff Smith

Comment

Not sure man, thats tight. Perhaps you can use the gold class trim detailer, on a rag, over a stick.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
        Not sure man, thats tight. Perhaps you can use the gold class trim detailer, on a rag, over a stick.
        Yep, my thinking exactly. Was also thinking MF over the end of an old toothbrush. Figured that might give me a little better working action. Just figured I would post it and see if any other folks have devised any neat means of dealing with situations like this. I know meg's has the little MF detailing Swabs, But I don't think they were designed for this much surface area. Kind of like cleaning your hood with a Q-tip
        Jeff Smith

Comment

Was just thinking that I saw in a post somewhere (one of Mike's, I think) that some folks are using those little spongy doohickeys that are normally used to apply makeup to apply various products in tight spaces like that. Maybe a "makeup sponge on a stick"?

Just thought this might help...

Comment

Originally posted by 01sc496
            Was just thinking that I saw in a post somewhere (one of Mike's, I think) that some folks are using those little spongy doohickeys that are normally used to apply makeup to apply various products in tight spaces like that. Maybe a "makeup sponge on a stick"?

Just thought this might help...
            Yep, did not think about that. I was thinking about the little foampads on sticks you get get for timming out paint when painting stuff in the house.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');