• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire dressing

When you guys dress you tires. The next time you wash your car do you scrub the tires clean or just rinse?

Re: Tire dressing

Originally posted by LT22
    When you guys dress you tires. The next time you wash your car do you scrub the tires clean or just rinse?
    I scraub tires with the Versa Angle Tire Brush every wash. I have been using NXT Tire Cleaner but am getting ready to try either the APC
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

If mine look good still, then I try and avoid cleaning them.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I scrub them the tire with a sponge and the rims with a soft britled brush. I use nxt car wash soap in a seperate bucket for the tires and rims, rember to use the seperate bucket so you dont get that dirt in with your normal bucket for the cars body.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
          If mine look good still, then I try and avoid cleaning them.
          For me I was using NXT Insane Shine and I had a habit of re-applying pretty often. Tended to build up so I took to washing it off at every wash. I am trying Hyper-Dressing now and from what I understand I don;t think I will see the buildup anymore. "BUT" the Hyer Dressing will likely come off anyway
          Jeff Smith

Comment

I just wipe with an old sponge... from time to time I will use a brush to remove the build up as Jeff Smith mentioned below.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I scrub them; generally fresh tire dressing won't stick if there is any old stuff still on there; and then you just get it slinging up the sides of the vehicle onto the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
                I scrub them; generally fresh tire dressing won't stick if there is any old stuff still on there; and then you just get it slinging up the sides of the vehicle onto the paint.
                I never really had a serious problem with sling as long I was applying the same product. But when I tried to put HD over IS, it was so bad when I got home from work, after driving in the rain, I actually came in and got 2 QD pads and QDed each side of my truck in the pouring down rain. no way was I gonna let all that setup on the paint. It was everywhere.

But I have reapplied IS over itself probably 2-3 times between thorough washes. But I sprayed lightly directly onto a Tire Swipe. not directly on the tire. I wasn't "that" confident.
                Jeff Smith

Comment

Hey Jeff if you want to lock in that awsome look of HD then you need two cans of clear kote.... just spray and walk away WALA!!!!lol ....make sure its UV resistance....

just kidding bud

im glad you told me that i also recently purchased it but i plan on using endurance for the tires or nxt
                  i guess i just use HD for the engines and also have you tried using it on the interior or is it not recommend for example your dash board or rood lining....
                  Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
                    Hey Jeff if you want to lock in that awsome look of HD then you need two cans of clear kote.... just spray and walk away WALA!!!!lol ....make sure its UV resistance....

just kidding bud

im glad you told me that i also recently purchased it but i plan on using endurance for the tires or nxt
                    i guess i just use HD for the engines and also have you tried using it on the interior or is it not recommend for example your dash board or rood lining....
                    No, I have not tried HD on the Interior yet. My main focus here recently has been to gained a basic understanding of what some of the polishes, glazes and LSps can do for me as well as working each of these with the DA. At the same time, I have been working toward getting a good winter coat on everything.

So I have neglected the interior pretty much for about a month and a half or so. The last time all I used was Cockpit shine. and the Gold class Leather cleaner/conditioner, and the NXt glass cleaner on the interior. But I do plan to use the HD on the interior and will probably use in the enigine bay. I just want to make sure I am happy withthe protection on the ouside before I get sidetracked on the inside. For the outside, I still have the grill to detail out and protect and will then likely work torward doing away with the scratches on my composite bed. Then to interior will come after that.
                    Jeff Smith

Comment

As you scrub the tire during the wash how much does the gloss tone down? I'm going to be using the Endurance High Gloss and I and want the gloss to last after washes, so should I just rinse them?

Comment

Originally posted by LT22
                        As you scrub the tire during the wash how much does the gloss tone down? I'm going to be using the Endurance High Gloss and I and want the gloss to last after washes, so should I just rinse them?
                        I have found if you scrub the tire with a brush it removes the product... just a wash avoiding the tires the best you can (just kind of getting them wet/cleaning the rims) I loose the gloss but the tires still have a good natural look to them, still look as if they have some type of dressing on them. Just a note, I apply the dressing and wipe after a few min to prevent sling and tone down the gloss so if you start out with the higher gloss you may not loose as much. I think the bottle says to apply 2 coats for a higher gloss.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');