• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the day

I know most everyone here already knows about the 50/50 mix and it is not my ideal, but the little bottles are great...Check out the pic.

Next time you are at Walmart, grab yourself a few bottles of alcohol, and a spray bottle... Now mix a mixture of 50/50 water and alcohol and use this between compound, polish, glaze or whatever system you use..This will remove any fillers, glaze etc in the products that may hide some of the defects...ie sand scratches, swirls etc... If you buff a panel and spray it down with this combo, and it still looks as good, then you will not have to worry about anything coming back on you after it has been washed a few times or set in the sun for a month...

Also while you are there, pick up a set of three bottles they use for ketchup, mustard and mayo... They come in a three pack, only cost a few dollars and are great for putting your compound, polish and glazes in instead of have to use the big bottles all the time..Also makes it easier to shake the product..... They have a screw on cap and will flow out thick compound easily

Enjoy the tip of the day... Hope it helps...
    Matthew
    King of Bondo

good idea!

i use panel wipe after wet sanding and buffing...has the same effect, like say you it stops things coming back on you after a few weeks

Comment

i order mine from Rick @ Ads which are clear and has Meguiars on it...i also pick up two two packof kethcup and mustard bottle from target 1bux a pair.....
      Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');