• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Press Liquid Wax; I like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Press Liquid Wax; I like it!

Since it’s the only wax in the Detailer Line I got a little sample of this stuff to try out, more out of curiosity than anything else.

I got two chances to use it this weekend and I’m really impressed.

Is it because it’s a long lasting wax? Well, I just tried it so I have no idea how long it lasts. I can’t imagine it lasts anywhere near as long as products like NXT and #21.

Is it because it gives the deepest, richest look? I didn’t compare it side by side with anything so I can’t really say but I would guess Gold Class, #26, #16, #21, #20, NXT, etc, etc would do better.

So why do I like it so much? Well, it does look rich, it does look super glossy and it feels amazingly slick even though it’s just about the lowest priced wax Meguiar’s sells. But what really stands out is how fast and easy it is to use.

A product meant for high volume production detailing should be fast and easy but man, this stuff is fast and easy.

First, our Mini needs wax but I didn’t have time yesterday. Normally I’d use Quik Wax spray to hold me over till I can get #26 or #21 or whatever on it but since I had the sample of X-Press I figured I try it. This stuff is thin. I think you could probably use it with a sprayer (but I just used a squeeze bottle).

I applied it by hand using the same process Mike recommends for using spray waxes. It was just as easy to apply and I think it was even easier to remove than Quik Wax. And the results were great.

Today, I had a friend come over to install stripes on her Mini. The car hadn’t been waxed in a long time and after doing the stripes I couldn’t just let it drive away unprotected. So I grabbed the X-Press and did the whole car in a few minutes. The black roof went from dull to deep, rich and glossy almost instantly.

I can see this becoming my favorite “booster” wax.

PC.

I have always wondered about this product... Thanks for posting!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I like this idea for a booster wax.
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

lol the slick buttery feeling and protection is all I car about, is it as slick as GC?
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Haven’t used GC in a while so I can’t compare directly but X-Press is really slick. We can throw both on a car side-by-side on Wednesday.

PC.

Comment

X-press users please chime in on this. Is this product better than NXT spray wax?

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
              Haven’t used GC in a while so I can’t compare directly but X-Press is really slick. We can throw both on a car side-by-side on Wednesday.

PC.
              AWSOME idea! it will be my first time playing with anything from the D-Line
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

i would of thought, that this wax would be the same as the deep crystal carnaba wax

Comment

Hi:

Meguiar's says this is a blended product.

So, what does in look like? Like a carnauba or synthetic ???

Thanks

Regards.

KTruck
                  Last edited by KTruck; Jun 25, 2006, 01:38 PM.
                  Make it Shine

Comment

Been a while since I’ve used DC 3 too so I can only go by vague memory but my cloudy brain doesn’t remember DC 3 being anywhere near as fast and easy to use.

Whether it looks more carnauba than synthetic isn’t something I’m willing to make a stand on. I’ve mostly used it on light cars that don’t really show much difference between waxes.

PC.

Comment

Hi:

Whether it looks more carnauba than synthetic isn’t something I’m willing to make a stand on. I’ve mostly used it on light cars that don’t really show much difference between waxes.
                      If you have only used it on light cars it would be hard to make a statement.

I was just trying to better understand the product.

Using it as a booster wax seemed like a good idea.

I wanted to apply it over 21 as needed to maintain appearance.

Probably too heavy a solution to work with a sprayer.

Thanks

Regards,

KTruck
                      Make it Shine

Comment

I just tried a sample on a light blue work van that I've been driving around. Like the other PC says, the stuff leaves a nice gloss with very good slickness. Very easy on and off, and this was over a previous day's application of 21. I can see using this product on the days I don't want to fully break out the PC or the Cyclo, but I want a freshly "waxed" looking car. Good stuff!
                        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

For those of you that have tried the X-press Wax and Quik Wax, how would you compare the 2? I noticed there was a thread a while ago asking this question, but it had no replies.
                          The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

IMHO X-Press is way better.

Even though Quik Wax is thinner X-Press spreads easier, faster and more uniformly.

X-Press is also easier to remove. Quik Wax comes off very easy if you put it on really thin. If you accidentally get some thick streaks it’s more work to remove. X-Press comes off easier no matter what. It’s slicker too.

PC.

Comment

Now I think I want to try this. I don't really care for NXT spray that I have now and this could be my replacement.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');