• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Press Liquid Wax; I like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X press wax does feel quite slick, but not as slick as GC. Also it doesn't pass the squeek test for some stange reason???
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: X-Press Liquid Wax; I like it!

I have a sample of this as well but haven't had a chance to try it out since I've been using #26. May have to try it out this weekend.
      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Ive used pretty much ever thing except NXT but since ive been using GCPASTE i cant stop its like im addicted or something,so far IMO its the best ever
        Noswirler

Comment

I'm wondering about the longevity of this product. I bought some mainly to use when in a hurry. I still love NXT so far especially on my tan truck. This could make a good touch up between waxing with tech wax.

Comment

i have used this product. Its a quick gloss product but durability isn't good. It's mean for car dealer for pre-delivery use on their sales.

U can also use it as wax booster...just remember you need to continue top-up it

Comment

I got some of this on my recent ADS order. I am going to try it out either tomorrow or Tuesday when I wash my car for the trip on Thursday. Will post some opinions then.

Comment

Neat! Please do update us on the results you get and let's compare results, I just tried it recently and I've been meaning to write a post about my result. I will wait for yours first and lets compare.
                SYDSTER

Comment

Hey Sydster,

The weather worked to my advantage today and I actually got to wash and get some NXT on the paint today (turns out I really needed on there ), hoping for the same tomorrow so I can go over it with Gold Class, maybe I will follow that up with X-Press just for fun to see how it is and get some thoughts on it. Also, I will be maintaining with X-Press Wax. I usually never "maintain" the wax so to speak, but with this, I will give it a shot.

I will let you know tomorrow if I do it or not. I probably won't have pictures though, so maybe it would be better for you to start, and I will add to yours instead? I'm sure you have pictures/comments already. Let me know what you want to do.

Tyler

Comment

I got a question for this; does X-Press wax stain trim and is it very dusty like M26? I am trying to turn my boss at work onto some Meguiar's products for the price, and I think this (and Glass Concentrate) would be a great start considering the cost, but I gotta know that first!

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                      Hey Sydster,

The weather worked to my advantage today and I actually got to wash and get some NXT on the paint today (turns out I really needed on there ), hoping for the same tomorrow so I can go over it with Gold Class, maybe I will follow that up with X-Press just for fun to see how it is and get some thoughts on it. Also, I will be maintaining with X-Press Wax. I usually never "maintain" the wax so to speak, but with this, I will give it a shot.

I will let you know tomorrow if I do it or not. I probably won't have pictures though, so maybe it would be better for you to start, and I will add to yours instead? I'm sure you have pictures/comments already. Let me know what you want to do.

Tyler

Hi Tyler,

I'm really looking forward to your results on using the X-press wax, here is my take on using it, I will make it as simple as possible.

Application- It applies and comes off very easy, just like Paul (the other pc) mentioned at the start of this thread even if you apply it too thick in some areas it comes off easily.

Shine- It shines really well and is slick to the touch, here is a sample picture, applied DC 123 and #16 a month before applying the X-press wax.

Durability- This is where I was not impressed with the X-press wax I know it is not supposed to replace a conventional wax or sealant but was expecting it to boost the shine and protection of the existing wax on my vehicle. As you can see it did its job with the shine, it really brought out the shine of the vehicle. But unlike other QD's out there instead of boosting the vehicle's wax protection I felt that my wax was gone after applying the X-press wax (I'm certain that my finish still had great beading properties prior to applying X-press wax). After 24hrs with out taking the car out of the garage I took my pressure washer and gave it a nice rinse just to check out its beading properties, it was not beading at all, this is what made me conclude that X-press wax took of my existing wax. I could be wrong here because I already had my wax on for a month when I tried X-press wax, or I did something else wrong I really don't know yet. I think my conclusion is kinda similar to the other posts in this thread about its shine and durability- According to Paul "it gives a really great shine and is quite slick", -according to sneek "for some strange reason it did not pass the squeak test".

This is the reason why I can't wait for you to try it out yourself and share your insights with us.

Nevertheless Meguiar's still ROCKS!

Take Care!

Syd
                      SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
                        I got a question for this; does X-Press wax stain trim and is it very dusty like M26? I am trying to turn my boss at work onto some Meguiar's products for the price, and I think this (and Glass Concentrate) would be a great start considering the cost, but I gotta know that first!
                        First off I don't really find #26 to be dusty, you might be applying it too thick, anyway from what I remember X-press wax would be the same if not less dusty.

Take Care!

Syd
                        SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
                          First off I don't really find #26 to be dusty, you might be applying it too thick, anyway from what I remember X-press wax would be the same if not less dusty.

Take Care!

Syd
                          I guess my biggest concern is staining the trim. You are probably right about applying it too thick, but what bothers me the most is the trim staining, making it not the best wax for when you are in a rush.

Comment

Sydster, that is interesting. I just got the 2nd coat of wax off of the Roush, so if there is the possibility that it removes the wax, I think I will need to switch test vehicles.

The truck would be the victim then because it is much easier to wax that than my car. I have a super busy schedule the next 3-5 days or so, but I will do a test.

On the truck, I will wax half the hood with something like Cleaner Wax that I know beads well, and the other with EO NanoWax (what I've been using on the truck). Let it cure for a day or two (basically until I have the time). Spray it down to check the beading properties (both of these bead very well) just to confirm they do bead. I will apply X-Press wax to both sides, let it sit for a day. Wash again and check for beading, and then perform the squeak test.

We'll get this figured out!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
                              I guess my biggest concern is staining the trim. You are probably right about applying it too thick, but what bothers me the most is the trim staining, making it not the best wax for when you are in a rush.

I don't think staining trim would be a problem if you are not applying it too thick and just go slow and easy on the edges where there is trim and you'll be fine.

Take Care!
                              SYDSTER

Comment

Maybe X-Press wax promotes sheeting and not beading? Strange that it doesnt pass the squeak test.

Maybe Mike knows more about this? Ive always wondered how this product did but I figured it was for dealerships and such.
                                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');