• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Press Liquid Wax; I like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X-Press Liquid Wax; I like it!

Funny seeing this here at the top, I was just going to add to this. I finally had a chance to wash my truck since I last posted in here! Great to have the sun back! I used Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry and went over the truck with Eagle One Nanowax Spray to boost the coat on there now. Tomorrow I will put a coat of liquid EONW on the hood to ensure maximum coverage, then go over it with X-Press wax since EONW does not have a cure time. And then I will post back!

Comment

Can't wait for the results you'll get.
      SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        I used Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry and went over the truck with Eagle One Nanowax Spray to boost the coat on there
        Traitor....>(non) Meguiars user.........
        Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
        ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
        (269)650-2242

Comment

I'm eager to here the results too.

Two things are a factor to me.....
          Stain trim?
          Durability?
          (All I need is 5-6 weeks)

Thanks guys. Man this stuff is inexpensive!
          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
            Traitor....>(non) Meguiars user.........
            You win some, you lose some.

Alright, so here's how it went down. Did the waxing, then checked the paint using the squeak test. It passed. On to X-Press Wax. Worked a nickel size amount into 1/4 of the hood (I used "extra" because I had a MF app. which ***** up more product). With a foam pad, a nickel size would probably go double what it was. I let it dry, then removed. Squeak test was about a 50/50, although cure time was a only a couple of minutes.

Here is where the test will get interesting to those who have already used this: A couple of minutes after it was removed, I got a brand new spray bottle and filled it up with water. I misted over the X-Press waxed paint and the Nano waxed paint. Both sides beaded, but the X-Press wax side did not have as "tight" of beading as the NW side. After the water started to build up, the X side was about 50/50 on beading/sheeting. NW side was still beading. I then poured some water over the paint and both sides flooded flawlessly. I can tell where the X wax went on, due to the variation in beading, etc.

A new coat has been on there for about 10 minutes or so. I am going to remove it and let it cure overnight and tomorrow morning and will see what happens then.

I just found it odd how the wax when not properly cured was about a 50/50, and those who have used it and let it cure noticed a 100/0 difference. I doubt the SS paint has anything to do with it, but judging by the app. pad being black, I think it has some cleaners in it. It almost seems to be a 50/50 as far as labeling goes as it says, "Meguiar's® X-Press Liquid Wax uses a unique blend of wax and polymer agents to produce deep, rich gloss with lasting protection." It has wax in it, but doesn't leave any detectable presence behind?

Shall see tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Roush,

How is the result so far?

Comment

I am going to try and wash the truck tomorrow. I just got to wash my car today after almost a month and a half. The weather up here in Nor-Cal has been horrible for almost the past two months. After the second coat cured, I know for dang sure that it did NOT pass the squeak test, but while it was raining off and on, it looked like it was beading like the rest??? Again, I will try and squeeze in a wash. I have to be at a doctor in Sac at noon to determine my permanent disability status/%, and then study for 2 exams, write a 4 page min. paper after I read a lengthy article, and read an entire History chapter and answer 3 essay questions about it.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                  I am going to try and wash the truck tomorrow. I just got to wash my car today after almost a month and a half. The weather up here in Nor-Cal has been horrible for almost the past two months. After the second coat cured, I know for dang sure that it did NOT pass the squeak test, but while it was raining off and on, it looked like it was beading like the rest??? Again, I will try and squeeze in a wash. I have to be at a doctor in Sac at noon to determine my permanent disability status/%, and then study for 2 exams, write a 4 page min. paper after I read a lengthy article, and read an entire History chapter and answer 3 essay questions about it.

Good Luck to you and All The BEST!

Comment

I just remembered about this, sorry!

When I applied the second coat, I let it sit for about 30 minutes to make sure it had cured and it was actually a bit hard to remove. Not a biggie though since this is meant for almost instant wipe off.

I washed the truck today. The section with X-Press on it still beaded water, although it most definitely did not pass the squeak test. I'm not sure what the deal is. I will try to keep applying it and see what happens down the road. I doubt the SS paint has anything to do with it.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a spray wax to enhance shine and protection after weekly washes.

Can X-Press Liquid Wax be used like OCW? Spray on and wipe off.

Many people have told me to apply it with a foam pad instead.

Thanks

Comment

X-Press wax felt way too thick to spray to me...

Be warned: when they say spread thinly, they mean spread thinly. If applying my hand and you spread it to thick, you can look forward to a sore arm from buffing so hard your veins pop out. After buffing off my entire trunk with the thick layer by hand I spread it extra thin, with amazing results.

It dries nice and quickly too. Very silky surface and from what I understand it lasts a reasonably long while. That being said, I think I'm going for some NXT or Gold Class paste wax this weekend.
                        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com
                        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Yup, thin means thin for any wax...
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');