• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to repair cracked leather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair cracked leather...

Ok, so i just got done with a weeked detail of my girlfriends 1995 Ford Explorer Limited. It has 150,000 miles on this beast and still runs great, and even gets 17 mpg in the city. (yes its a 4x4)

Ok, so when i was cleaning the interior i noticed that her drivers seat, and some of the passenger seat are starting to crack.

I know how to prevent this, i just dont knwo how to repair it once it has happened. I have all the leather care products from meguiars, and i have tried the aloe cleaner, and the conditioner, and the Classic Gold leather care. I know they are not ment to repair cracks but the seats needed a good cleaning anyways.

So what can i do? I will take some pictures for yah and show you what i mean..

Thanks!
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

I think the most honest answer is you cant do much. Only keep it from getting worse.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i do believe that MURR is correct on this one that you really can't do much with them once they have appeared, but you can prevent from happening again. I wish there was some way though because I have a few in my drivers seat.
      Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
      2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Their are companys that repair leather seats for car dealers. They can patch holes and fill cracks, and then redye everthing so the color matches. A friend of mine had a 1989 Caddy that the whole front seat was all cracked up. They filled the cracks, repaired a hole , repaired the arm rests, and redid the steering wheel , and redyed the front seat to match . It looked very good and only cost him $200.00. Check with new car dealers in your area and see where they get that kind of work done.

Comment

Assuming you've got nowhere with the Megs products there's a couple of options I might suggest.

I know some guys on the UK TT forum who've used Swissol leather healer with good results on scuffs/scratches and it claims to do a good job on cracked leather.

Another product that I use is Liquid Leather cleaner and conditioner. In the UK they also have something called 'Scuff Master' which may do what you're after:

Taken from their site.

Liquid Leather is a Gliptone product but I couldn't see 'Scuff Master' on the US site so not sure if you guys get it or not.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');