• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail Du Jour: 2003 Mini Cooper S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail Du Jour: 2003 Mini Cooper S

7 hour Exterior Detail for a good friend. I had been promising a detail for some time, finally got a day off where I could detail. Last time I detailed the car was a quick wash and wax using Meguiar's consumer cleaner wax almost a year ago! Definitely needed some clay and polishing!

Products used:

Optimum Car Wash Soap
    Claymagic Clay Bar
    Mother's PowerPolish
    Meguiar's M21 Sealant
    Adams BSG on Chrome/Lights
    20/20 on Glass
    Optimum Tire Shine
    Optimum Dressing
    Optimum Spray wax on Rims and Bumpers
    Poorboy Wheel Cleaner
    Adams Detail Spray for touchups

Early Morning Wash:

Taping off the Trim:

AFTERS

FINAL TOUCHUPS

REFLECTIONS

The paint was pretty nice to work with, not thin like Honda's nor soft like Toyotas. The test drive afterwards was fun, the car turns on a dime, and is quite quick. I'm actually thinking of getting one as a second car. This was my second detail using #21 Sealant. Its very easy to use, and it comes off as easy as other boutique products. A definite keeper in my book.

INFO on Car:
    17x8 Haman Rims
    Yokohama AVES 100 tires
    M7 Lowering Springs
    M7 Strut bar
    M7 Plasma Booster
    Custom Air intake
    Custom Exhaust
    G-Tech Pro RR
    B&M Short Shifter
    Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Awesome color combo, rim tire setup. That is the coolest Mini Ive seen yet. Nice work on the detail too.

Comment

Looking good.

Question, why did you use different wax in the bumpers and the headlights/chrome?
      Did you use power polish by hand or PC?

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
        Question, why did you use different wax in the bumpers and the headlights/chrome?[/i]
        No real reason other than I wanted to speed up the detail; claying took a while, as I had to remove a lot of of overspray.

I used a spray glaze on the headlights/chrome to add some shine.
        Did you use power polish by hand or PC?
        Power Polish via PC and Meguiars Polishing pad. #21 via PC and Meguiars Finishing pad.

I'll probably use 80 or 83 next time, the car needs some more cobweb removal.

Thanks for the comments guys!
        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');