• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Products are indeed Superior to all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Products are indeed Superior to all...

Here are some pix after using Meguiars marine products.... simply fantastic!!! At the time of these pictures my SeaRay was 3 years old with over 500 hours. Amazing job wih these products.... after polish and wax the gel coat is smooth as a babies butt..... I am constantly asked if I just picked up my new boat.

Jeremy
    Boat: 2006 SeaRay 280DA T-4.3 MPI Alpha 1
    Tow Vehicle (aka My Truck): 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DuraMax/Allison
    Wife's Car: 2006 Lexus ES330
    Folsom, Ca

Looks great, sure looks like a new boat!

Don't hear about the Marine Line on MOL all that often... but I have used a couple of the products there and they work great!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

That is incredible shine for a gelcoat!

What products did you use for prep and LSP?

Did you use a rotary buffer or G100 for application and removal of products?

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

sorry guys.... I should have listed the "process"

I use a PC 7424 DA with the PC polishing pad (I will be switching to Meguiars pads this year once I learn about them.

My regiment is to wash the boat weekly no exceptions... and I have maintained the surface care since new....

I begin with #44 Color Restorer to remove any surface junk
        Then I follow with #45 Boat/RV Polish
        Finally 2 coats of #56 Pure Wax

I will be looking at the Flagship marine wax the next time (2 weeks) due to the positive feedback of this product on this message board.

and waaaallllaaaa

I will usually spent 30-40 hours cleaning, polishing, and waxing at every detail session (ever 50 hours of boat use.... usually 4-5 times per year)

Thanks for the very nice comments
        Jeremy
        Folsom, Ca

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          Looks great, sure looks like a new boat!

Don't hear about the Marine Line on MOL all that often... but I have used a couple of the products there and they work great!
          I don't think the majority of us do anything with boats.... and I doubt there are many situations where the marine line is useful on automotive stuff.

Nice work on that boat, SeaRay!

Comment

the unfortunate thing is that many boat owners do nothing with their boats in the surface care area.... many folks are of the opinion that a yearly wash (or less ) is acceptable. Not true with cars and not true with boats.....
            Jeremy
            Folsom, Ca

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRayOwner
              the unfortunate thing is that many boat owners do nothing with their boats in the surface care area.... many folks are of the opinion that a yearly wash (or less ) is acceptable. Not true with cars and not true with boats.....
              "Well, the boat IS in water all the time, so it's constantly getting washed!"

Yeah I hear you.... it's amazing how badly people treat their stuff -- and it's a huge investment, dang it!! I could understand if we were talking about a "disposable" boat, but one like what you've got to work with, there's no excuse not to take care of it (like you obviously are).

Comment

I begin with #44 Color Restorer to remove any surface junk. Then I follow with #45 Boat/RV Polish. Finally 2 coats of #56 Pure Wax
                Thanks for posting those good pics of your fine work. Also, you have got the right process going there and you're using some very good Meguiar products which offer exception results.

With fiberglass gelcoat boat finishes it's especially important to use a three step maintenance process as follows. That's the key.

1- cleaning the surface
                2- polishing the surface
                3- waxing the surface

Keep up the good work and Happy Boating!
                FRANK CANNA
                Mirror Finish Detailing
                23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

I have a boat and use Megs products except for the Wax. Next year, I will try my DA polisher on it. I always thought you had to use a rotary. but wil try the DA nexy year.. cant wait to try. yours came out great

Comment

I use #9 on my sail boat!

I like it better than using the marine #45. Each season I buff with #9 and a fine grade wool 3M pad with my Makita buffer. I've tried Meguiars waxes but I find Colinte Fleet Wax paste lasts longer. I'm still waiting for Meguiars to come out with a long lasting wax for ocean use. When you guys come out with one I'll be the first to try it! The last Meguiars wax I tried lasted four weeks before I had mineral staining at the waterline. I get 8 months out of Colinite before I get mineral stains. Try the #9 on your gelcoat it works really, really well & blows Finesse It II away!

Comment

Have you tried claying the gel coat, we achieved excellent results with Gary's Cobalt when we clayed it. This was my first intro to boat detailing it was rather educational and fun.
                      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

hmmm clay on gel coat... I thought that it did not do much (or so I was told). I will give it a try tomorrow Thanks for posting this.
                        Last edited by SeaRayOwner; Jul 6, 2006, 07:16 PM.
                        Jeremy
                        Folsom, Ca

Comment

Soooo True!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, the boat IS in water all the time, so it's constantly getting washed!"

Yeah I hear you.... it's amazing how badly people treat their stuff -- and it's a huge investment, dang it!! I could understand if we were talking about a "disposable" boat, but one like what you've got to work with, there's no excuse not to take care of it (like you obviously are).

I see this weekly! I maintain my bro-in-laws Chris Craft Crowne for him and just cringe when I get to the Marina because there are so many beautiful boats that are just not cared for properly. I have started a mobile marine detailing business because of it! Hopefully with the fine line of Meg's Marine products and the knowledge shared here, I can make a real go of it!

Nice job on the Sea Ray!!!
                          River's End Marine Mobile Detailing

A Bad Day on the Water is Better Than a Good Day at work! and Even Better When You Combine the Two!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');