• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloth cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth cleaning

What is everyone using to clean their cloth seats? I have black seats and they look a little dirty, what product will not make my seats look faded? Thanks

bump, anyone w/ any info? Any how-to link to clean cloth seats?

Comment

No matter what product you use, the key is to NOT get the seats too soapy or too wet. Moisten them with a light mist of a cleaner. Meguiar's has a very good product:

See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Originally posted by Pete-FWA
        No matter what product you use, the key is to NOT get the seats too soapy or too wet. Moisten them with a light mist of a cleaner. Meguiar's has a very good product:

http://www.meguiars.com/?cloth-carpe...terior-Cleaner
        Funny you mentioned that product, because I was actually looking at it right now. Will that product fade or leave any residue to the cloth seats? How would I go about using that product? Do I just spray some on a towel and wipe down my seats? There's some white spots (dust) that I can't take out with a vaccum, will this product take it out?

Thanks

Comment

It's a pretty safe product, but the directions say (they have to) to test a spot first. I've not had a problem with it. The white spots might take some spraying and scrubbing with a brush. If you don't have an extractor, the next best thing is a strong shop vac to pull as much out as you can before toweling the material.

Lightly spray on
          Brush, if necessary
          Extract
          Towel

Comment

^^^
            Will the vaccum from my house with the extender work? I don't have a shop-vac, but is it worth the investment? Thanks for the help

Someone should do a how-to write up for cloths. I'm sure alot of people have cloths interior and will be useful information.

Comment

No, it won't work because most home/uprights are NOT wet/dry capable. If you **** water into one of those, you will ruin the motor and other components.

Comment

hahah, I thought so too. That's what I've been using to vacuum my interior, but haven't tried sucking up water.
                Last edited by xs2k; Nov 7, 2005, 10:05 AM.

Comment

A good shop vac (3+ hp) IS a good investment because it has so many uses...I've even heard of people using them for stuff other than car care

I have a 3.5hp unit that I use to dry vacuum the car, as an extractor for shampooing interiors (cloth/carpet cleaning), I use the crevice attachment to get water out of seams, mirrors and other areas after washing. I've even been known to bring it inside the house and vacuum our hardwood floors.
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Yea, I thought so too. I'll pick one up this weekend to see if I can remove most of the white dust (I think that's what it is) on the seats. The guy I bought it from purchase the car new and took out the seats after 5000 miles. He stored the seats in his garage for over a year so there are some dust build up. My house vac got some out, but they still look dirty on black seats.

There's also a little hole I'm trying to fix...Any suggestions?

Comment

Is the hole all the way through the fabric, or is it just in the top layer? Also, what type of material is it?

There might be some things you can do at home. If not, a good upholstry shop will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Not sure how to describe the material, but it seems high quality cloth? One of those material that if I used a brush on, it'll mess it up. It's somewhat similar to suade, but it's not. It's dark out, but I'll try to snap some pictures tomorrow. The hole is not thru the fabric, yet. I'm sure it will since everytime I sit on it, it seems to break up.

BTW, didn't find meguiar find any meguiar carpet cleaner at any of the store near by, but I got some Armor/OXI carpet cleaner. I'm a fan of meguiars, but after 3 different stores I went to, none carried it. I'll try it out and will post my results for those dust stains....

Comment

This is one area where I like to use a foam sprayed product that ensures uniform coverage on cloth upholstered seats.

I like a product called Tuff Stuff that comes in a spray can for this purpose. I wish Meguiars would come out with something that dispenses like this product does......The spray head on their Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner seems more suited for spot treatments, although the product itself works great.

r. b.

Comment

I couldn't find that product any where today, so I had to resort to Armor all Oxi magic. Sadly, alot of turtle wax and armor all is widely available for carpet, but couldn't find any carpet clearners from meguiars....

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');