• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Product

I am but a rookie. What is the end product of this?
    I want a finish with gloss. There can be no swirls!

What else can be?

12 cylinders or walk

Here's a short answer: end product? Try NXT tech Wax.

For the longer answer:

Gloss comes from having a smooth surface. The smoother the surface, the higher the gloss. Swirls are just very, very small scratches. If you prevent them by not causing them in the first place and get rid of the ones you do get by buffing down the paint around them to make it flat (step 2 in Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle) you'll get a swirl-free high gloss.

Then you can use a polish (glaze) to add depth and clarity to the look and protect that glossy finish with a wax.

The "end product" is the protective wax. You got the gloss from your surface preparation products/process (clay, cleaners, cleaner/polishes, etc).

I know it gets confusing since Meguiar's makes multiple products that can be used at each stage but that's to give the customer the choice to do it however suits them. There are many roads to the same destination, you don't have to worry about picking the "only" one or the "perfect" one, just one that gets you there.

PC.

Comment

Ditto what Paul said.

You can also read this thread and when you get to Step 5 you're at the last step, or the end product.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

We actually covered all of this in the class you attended a few weeks ago...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

HAHA thats funny he must have missed that part of teaching

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');