• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Protection - #66 enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Protection - #66 enough?

Would #66 be enough wax for the winter? Or would it be recommended to be topped off with say 21?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Because M66 is a cleaner/wax, that is part cleaner, part polish and part wax, you will tend to leave behind more protection if you follow a cleaner/wax with a dedicated wax like M21 or NXT Tech Wax.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

#66 followed by a coat of Nxt would be a good combo, as it is quicker in the cold weather than doing all separate steps.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

if NXT does a bit of polishing - wouldn't we just skip 66 overall? or would it help to do that extra step?

I'm trying to offer it to my friends as a winter prep deal but I don't want to skimp out. let me know. thanks.

Comment

Just to make sure, let me put it in Meguiars terminology,which can be a bit different from other manufacturers. I assume by polishing, you actualy mean cleaning...

Nxt Wax has very mild cleaners.
          Gold Class wax has some polish.

#66, or any other cleaner wax, (ColorX, A-12), has both cleaners, polishes, and wax.

Part of the durability of a wax comes from the surace prep. #66 will have better cleaners in it, and will prep the surface better.

For a quick, one-step detail, #66 will be better. For 2 steps, use #66 + Nxt.

Comment

perfect.

I think i'll go w/ 66 then 21~

thanks!

Comment

Sounds perfect... take some pics

Comment

Working...
              X